Initial 300C observations

71stang99

For what it is worth I like the trailer, that being said I have some issues for designs and others for warranty.

#1 Update the owners manual. Please do your best to make it model specific or if a new generation is released post it up online. The initial walk through left MANY questions unanswered, perhaps generating warranty complaints that might not need to be filed? I fixed at least 2 issues that dealt with AV problems and might have been able to fix more but cannot access the back of the 32" TV since it is not maintenance friendly. These problems will result in a warranty call by the way. Why does this happen when a unit leaves the factory and passes through a dealer only to be found out by the consumer?????? Not cool at all. The documentation stinks and I have worked on complex equipment and the technical data was invaluable.

#2 In the kitchen it has some back walls with the faux wallpaper which matches the cabinets, others do not, it its tacky and a cheap fix.

#3 Can the recessed lights above the kitchen and the ones above the entry way to the bathroom/bedroom have an independent switch other than the only switch I found which is all the lights on? Really why design it that way? I might be overlooking a magic switch but if so I dont know about it.

#4 For those of us who own a gaming machine, Xbox PS3 etc. why is there no provisions for it in the cabinet below the stereo head, i.e. power, a hole or connections that allow direct plugin to the TV? Even those who have a Blue Ray player have to power or place to store the unit. As a matter of fact the cabinet is there but does not have shelving.

#5 Storage below the sink, again it could be removable but at least it gives the owner options. Also above the microwave, why does the cabinet to the left have it but not the cabinet above the microwave? One could do a cut out for the power plug with little ease. Pantry cabinets are deep and also could use shelving.

#6 Perhaps one can but I did not see a switch to provide audio to the main room, garage and outside. If not why? Why the inside/garage or inside/outside?

#7 Heating/Cooling ducts that actually work. The heating ducts did not work in the master bedroom or in the garage, the only one that really worked well was the nearest to the furnace and yes I was on 50 amp shore power. Is this also warranty? I hate to compsre brands but my old TT that was over 30' in length had a furnace that could cook turkeys. This surprised and dissapointed me.

#8 This may or may not be applicable but the generator bay had several screws, bolts and pieces of left over wiring. Also the battery tray cap will not fit over the installed battery with the way the power connections are to the battery, not a big deal but a new car would not be delivered to a customer that way.

#9 Realistic areas to put the toilet paper holder and perhaps a rail on the shower door for a towel? No other location for a towel holder anywhere.

There is more but would probably fall under warranty problems. I am surprised a Heartland to an extent given the economy and other factors regarding quality control. I am confident things will be resolved but initial impression is below what I thought.

Thank you.

Last edited: