Would like to see some enhancements to this MPG web site

marc515

We are still trying to decide between an MPG or an R-Pod, and have been following both sites. We are leaning towards the MPG, and will actually be able to see the model we're interested in (181) next week when the dealer gets one in stock.

There appears to be more of a sense of pride in R-Pod ownership as evidenced by the RPod Nation web site. They have a forum for R-Pod Adventures, where folks post on their camping trips/outtings, and I would think that would be a nice addition to this site.

The R-Pod'ers also have annual gatherings.

In general, they have more postings on their web site; Is it that there are just more R-Pod owners?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Marc515, While I don't know how the MPG compares to the R-Pod in sales volume, I can say that the MPG area of the forum will grow as the need dictates. Owners of the MPG, like all other Heartland products, are valuable assets to our forum and are welcome to post their experience or questions and concerns in the General area of the Heartland Owners Forum.
I also would like to suggest to not make your choice of trailers based on how a forum is designed, but base it on how the manufacturer responds to their customers. Happy shopping and we hope you become a Heartland owner. Summer is here!!!

kb0zke

marc515, we got our 181 in December, and have used it a couple of times so far. We're looking forward to spending three weeks in it this summer. So far we really like it.

If you've been following the various threads on this forum, you know that dealer reputation is also important. In fact, I'd say that the dealer is even more important than the factory service. If the dealer does the pre-delivery work properly, you will have a decent rig when you pick it up. If the dealer does a good job on the PDI and you pay attention (yes, I'm a teacher), then you will have fewer issues with your rig. There will be problems, and your dealer is the first one to contact. If they can't make it right, or they need factory authorization for the repair, they should represent you to the factory.

We were lucky in that we didn't know a lot about our dealer, other than he was close. We visited him a couple of times, and each time we were impressed with how we were treated. We probably could have saved some money by buying elsewhere, but that would have put us last on the repair list should we need repairs. When we are ready for our full-time rig in a few years, we'll probably look first at our dealer.

marc515

Marc515, While I don't know how the MPG compares to the R-Pod in sales volume, I can say that the MPG area of the forum will grow as the need dictates. Owners of the MPG, like all other Heartland products, are valuable assets to our forum and are welcome to post their experience or questions and concerns in the General area of the Heartland Owners Forum.
I also would like to suggest to not make your choice of trailers based on how a forum is designed, but base it on how the manufacturer responds to their customers. Happy shopping and we hope you become a Heartland owner. Summer is here!!!

Ray,.....I would never buy any product based on how a forum was set up. I was only indicating that the R-Pod forum seems to have more followers, and was also suggesting that maybe an additional forum or two be added to the MPG forum.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Marc what I have seen on this forum and also the whole HL company is, make a suggestion as to what you want and it might just happen. Tell them what you want on the forum and see if it happens. So far you are right that this forum is mostly for issues and rally info. But I do see a lot of other info from camping trips and suggestions to where to go to have some fun. So to sum my thoughts up, put your ideas of how they need to make the forum better and see if they adopt your ideas. Hope you go with the MPG as I really enjoy my new trailer. Michael

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
You not only have this forum for general and MPG questions and answers but if you want you can start your own MPG "group" buy going into your profile and clicking on "join groups" then "create group". Also, when you buy a Heartland you can join HOC and participate in events and rallies all over North America. Good luck , hope to see you back as an owner and an MPG group leader

kb0zke

Dave, how do the rest of us know about a group that someone created? Do they need to announce it here? Will we automatically get an announcement? Also, how will someone who joins this forum next year know about it?

I admit that I haven't spent a lot of time looking for various groups to join, so maybe this is all pretty obvious if I just looked. I did join the MO group, and even posted once, but so far I haven't heard anything more from that group. I have gotten emails from some people in the group, but haven't seen anything on the group site.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
If someone started a group I suppose they would need to be proactive recruiting, creating contact list , doing newsletters, tips, that sort of thing as well as taking advantage of social networking sites. The thing is, R-pod nation and the like didn't happen by accident and neither will an MPG club. Best wishes to who ever decides to pick up the torch.

mlo166

To Marc515: Heartland should provide the forum with the MPG units produced and sold todate for us here in this forum. We also could see more MPG owners online if the Heartland dealers could place a forum internet address (i.e. pamphlet) with their info for the customer. R-pods have been around longer. I was told that the MPG just came out last year! I know that I purchased the first MPG model that sold on the "east coast" last March ('10). So, I know MPG owners are few and far apart. During my search for a camper, my wife and I had certain requirements, mainly, that it had to be something my '64 chevy shortbed 6-cyl truck could pull. R-pods even without a slide were a significantly heavier than the MPG with the slide. Price was negotiable with the Heartland dealer for the MPG because it was designed to be a viable competitor against the R-pods. What do you think?

Tom and Rhonda
Concord, GA
(camping in Holiday at the West Point Lake near LaGrange Georgia this weekend!)

jbeletti

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your interest in Heartland and in the MPG particularly. I know you have concerns/suggestions about the MPG community and that's fair. For now though, if there is anything at all you need to know about the MPG product, please continue to work with your dealer and continue to ask questions of MPG owners here in the MPG community. It's small now but continues to grow. If there is anything you must know that cannot be answered by your dealer or a product owner here, I urge you to call Heartland directly at 574-262-5992. Ask for the MPG team. They can answer any and all questions and even put you in contact with the MPG rep for your part of the country. We want you to be as informed as possible as you wend your way through the evaluation process.

As for the MPG community here on the forum, I am game for tweaking it or any other community as needs arise. If someone has a great idea that is resonating with the community, it will certainly be considered. One thing about Heartland is that there's no bureaucracy and it's a pretty flat organization. If you need answers, if we have them, they can be gotten quickly. If we need to make tweaks to the online community, bam, we get it done.

Best of luck to you and please let us know what you end up with, even if it's not an MPG. Your happiness is the most important thing and whoever can deliver on that is the best fit for you.

Jim Beletti