Light's onve the vantity

We have a GC and the lights over the vanity are making brown spots on the ceiling because the light's are so close to the ceiling and are to hot. Is there a fix for this problem?

Ralph...

Scott

I remember once, about a year and a half ago, one other customer reported a similar issue. Obviously, that was a concern to us, so we tried to recreate that condition here at the factory, and what we found was that if the wrong wattage of bulb were installed (the customer had replaced their original bulbs with newer, higher wattage bulbs this could occur, but only after the lights were left on for an extended period of time. We got the correct wattage bulbs put back in and also discovered that the light shrough actually had some play (room) to be moved down a little without having to drill a new hole - so that put the lights even further from the ceiling panel and all was well. The discoloration on the ceiling panel was cleaned off using some heavy duty cleaner.
FYI
ST

johnrb1967

Big John
i too have a 2006 grand canyon and i recently heard of the same problem you are having.i just took the light loose and flip it over (180) and screwed it back up. so far no brown spots on the ceiling. you can see the bulbs now but i can deal with that. good luck.

Scott

OK - I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the same case with yours. Try loosening the shroud of the light and lowering it down a little. You can go as far as possible with out showing the hole for the wiring that is coming through the cabinet. That should do it - combined with not leaving the light on for extended periods of time.
ST

Hey Scott; I change the bulbs to a lower wattage Bulb. The bulbs that came with the trailer were C921's They have 21 CP. I replaced them with 906's That has 6 CP. I got the 906's at NAPA. I hope that helps the problem. Thanks for your help, Ralph...:D

Light's over the Vantity

Scott: I tried serval cleaners to remove the spots above the vantity lights and no success. Can you give me an idea what might work? I did use a lower candle power light than what came with the trailer. The trailer came with [I think] 12.8 or 25 candle power, I'm not really sure now, (CRS) and I replaced them with 6 candle power. Thanks :confused: