iPod station

Shippj

Hello,

I recently bought a 2011 road warrior 2811. It showed that it had an iPod station. However i can't seemed to find it. Could be that I am an idiot, however I hope not!:p

Would anyone happen to know where the iPod station is on a road warrior 2811?

Thanks much,

Jeff

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Shippj and welcome to the forum.
What brand of entertainment system do you have? We have a Panasonic SA-PT480. The iPod station is located under a little door on the top of the unit toward the front, right above where is says "Panasonic". Just push down on the rear of the door and it will open.
Hope this helps.

Peace
Dave

Shippj

Hi,

I have the Jensen dv2007. Don't see anything around it. It's has a 3.5mm plug in the face of the deck. However, I would hope that isn't the "iPod station".

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Should be a USB port on the front of the Stereo. I don't know the exact model of ours without walking out to the trailer but ours is in a 2010 and that's where it is. Alot of so called Ipod ports are just a usb and you have to use you cable.

ParkIt

You need an interface cable to hook up your iPod, probably can find one cheap at any computer store or online.

edit: Looks like Hastey beat me to it ;)

Shippj

Should be a USB port on the front of the Stereo. I don't know the exact model of ours without walking out to the trailer but ours is in a 2010 and that's where it is. Alot of so called Ipod ports are just a usb and you have to use you cable.

No USB port on the front, I took the panel off and there is no iPod attachment hooked to the stereo. The part to hook up to the stereo is only 30 dollars, then of course I have to drill an outlet to bring the cable out, just seems kinda chincy to advertise an iPod station then not have one. Its something very small and to be honest I had not looked for it until I was reading the write up for my hauler.

Oh well not that big of deal, but kinda worries me about other stuff in the hauler. Kinda like when the dealer told me I didn't have to level the trailer for the fridge to work. But the fridge instructions say to level it.

ParkIt

It doesn't look like a typical USB port, it looks more like a small 8 pin flat connect. There is probably a small flap covering it that looks like the face, check to see if you have a small removable cover.
If you look at a Zune connector - that's exactly what you are looking for on the face.

Shippj

Had to run and check real quick, in case I missed something. No zune or USB connector. Just the lead out the back of the unit for an additional item to be connected to interface with an iPod.

Ugh. Guess i will spring for the cable and drill a hole for it. Anyone know a good dock system that will attach to the Jensen dv2007?

I have that stereo in my 2011 Cyclone 3010. To play my Ipod, I plug it into the USB port on the rear of the TV and then use the TV menu to choose USB. It plays the same as if I was using the usual TV siginal.

porthole

Retired
"Full iPod controls from front panel with optional interface cable (#JIPDCBL) "

Search Amazon or ebay for that part number. Plugs into the rear of the radio. I drilled a small hole through the cabinet and the plug sits in the open cabinet under the TV.

While your at it, also look at the remote for these radios.
I added this to the door side propane door so I could control the radio outside.

http://www.amazon.com/Jensen-MWR75-Waterproof-Remote/dp/B001DSN9F6/ref=pd_sbs_sg_5

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...Pod-cable-amp-remote-control?highlight=jensen

Boca_Shuffles

If you can't you didn't get an owners manual for the stereo unit, you can go to the manufacturer's web page and electronically download the users manual for your model.

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

The DV2007 is “iPod-ready”. This indicates it has the ability to control compatible iPods. This requires the optional JENSEN JIPDCBL-series iPod interface cable, which may or may not have been included from the factory. This cable connects to the rear of the stereo on the WHITE port labeled “To iPod”. You will need to pass the cable through the cabinet. As this is just an interface solution for compatible iPods, it is not a docking station.

If needed, the JIPDCBL-series cable can be ordered direct through our retail website. You can also find a list of compatible iPods there as well.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

SASK_TDI

I have that stereo in my 2011 Cyclone 3010. To play my Ipod, I plug it into the USB port on the rear of the TV and then use the TV menu to choose USB. It plays the same as if I was using the usual TV siginal.

I managed to get my ipod to play thru the USB on the back of the TV (SHARP) but it does not display the music in a useful way. The folders appear with Fxx titles and they include folders with music all labelled with 4-letter titles.

Is there anyway to change it so that it displays by artist or song title?

Thanks.