Water under table

aatauses

Hi everyone,
We have a BH 3670 and currently in Graham, WA. We noticed that under the table toward the door side we have a very wet carpet---any ideas where to look first? Also, can I take up the carpet or is it glued to the floor?
thanks
al

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Look on the outside of the slide where the wall meets the floor, next to the door. Check to be sure that there is no wood showing. Some models had no protection from the rain at that point. You can retrofit a section of aluminum molding and caulk or butyl tape at that point.
Also check the caulking everywhere on that end of the slide.
The carpet is glued to a plate in front of the fascia, then stapled along the walls. It is attached on three sides.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
2010's I thought they started adding the bottom aluminum caps to, after all the problems. Take a look at the window over that area. They've been known to leak if the drain hole gets plugged with dirt. Any evidence of water running down the wall inside? You could also check the seals on the slide to be sure they're properly flexed out and sealing. If the water gets past them, it might wick back along the wall in the carpet.

aatauses

Thanks for the info---I had installed the plastic "L" pieces to my plywood about a year ago, so not sure that may be the issue, but will double check. Appreciate the advice on how the rug is installed--will try to dry it with a hair dryer rather than take it up----I had not thought of the window vents being plugged, so have a lot of options to check
al

aatauses

More checking has revealed that it appears to be wicking in---the corner under the window, but way into the corner---this would be the corner of the slide----any ideas for caulking outside???----The other corner (where the couch is) seems to be fine??
thanks
al

aatauses

I chatted with HL customer service and as usual they were most helpful. They gave me a few ideas but kept coming back to the fact the tape on top of the slide may need to be replaced. They recommended to check out the web site for eternabond---it seems straight forward to putting on the tape, but what is an easy way to take off the old tape?? also what did you clean the area with?? Something that will not hurt the top of the roof???
Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
al

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
but what is an easy way to take off the old tape?? also what did you clean the area with?? Something that will not hurt the top of the roof???

Not sure there is an easy way to get all the Eternabond off. Some carefully applied heat might be in order. I usually clean those areas for adhesive applications with dish soap and then wipe with denatured alcohol.

aatauses

After a few trys with the water hose, I found that the water was running down from the top of the slide on the outside corner of the slide, hitting the bottom molding on the slide and then wicking into the plywood---even under the angles I had installed. Now the issue---when I removed the molding and the angles, I found my plywood edge was rotted about 3-4 inches back. I picked it until I hit solid wook and then took case hardner with wood filler and shaped in to the edge. My concern is do I need a new floor? Will the filler hold up to the slides going in/out or will it just crumble with the slide weight? I did reinstall new angles and recaulked everything and for the moment I do not have any leaks.
Let me know if anyone has tried the filler or any concerns with it.
thanks
al