How many times to get it correct?

life110mph

Good question for all Heartland current Heartland owners! How many strikes and how much patience should we have with the factory? So far they have 2 strikes and We have a huge amount of patience. We placed a deposit and order for a new cyclone 3010, on 3/14/11, with the desired set up and options to make it our home away from home. It delivered to the dealership the first time with, in correct graphics and other major components not as ordered. The interior ,my wife and I selected was right-on as well as some of the other options. The dealer offered to work with the factory to turn a scheduled build of another 3010 to our specs. We agreed and changed our plans and arrangements.
The 2nd unit delivered to the dealership with all the options and major components correct but totally missed the interior ,which they had correct on the first unit. The interior was the last one we would have cared for so we did not accept it nor did the dealer ask us to. We are awaiting another proposal from the dealer and or Factory with vacation plans and reservation deposits hanging in the balance. Did I mention it is a 500 mile trip as well? My question is ...is the rig worth the 3rd strike and or will the dealer and factory serve up some good old fashion "Customer service" and make it right and worth the patience? We are skeptical because of the " It is what it is" companies call customer service now a days. Any feed back?:confused:
The excited couple to be New Heartland owners.

Last edited:

aatauses

Sorry you are having issues. My limited experience is that I have always had trouble with dealers, but never HL direct customer service. The dealer would tell me one thing trying to blame something on HL, but when I would call HL (sometimes right from the dealers office!!!), the story would get quickly changed and my problem would get corrected. I can only say HL customer service has been exceptional to us. I would give them a call and see what the real story may be.
al

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am new to HL also but have been following for some time now. What it sounds like to me is your dealer is not talking to HL and ordering the items you want on your coach. Maybe when you do order it next time, give HL customer service a call and have them go over the order. I am not sure if they can change the order after that if it is incorrect but then you can go back to your dealer. Stand your ground and make your dealer order what you want. And then enjoy it. I hope this helps.

bdb2047

Mine was ordered also.Came in as ordered.I think at some dealerships things pass through to many people.I would make a call to Heartland customer service,if problem is at dealer they would be able to verify order.

truknutt

Committed Member
My question is this--Why would your dealer (who placed the order) not tell you over the phone what was wrong BEFORE they let you drive the 500 miles, not once but twice?!! They should never have accepted the rig from the transportation company without a call to the factory first! Sounds like there may be a disconnect between dealer & factory. I also turned my first delivery away but they got it better than right on the second try!!

SilverRhino

From reading of your experience....INMO ...... It appears that you might have more of a dealership issue than a factory issue. I agree with what others have said....check directly with HL, the ball has probably dropped within the dealership. Truknutt had a good point about the dealership never even called you to save the long trip.....to me this speaks volumes.

Don't give up in frustration.....Call the HL factory and I think you will get this issue quickly resolved. Good Luck.....Keep us posted.

RanCarr

How disappointing. Maybe next time they'll get it right. :)

We were not allowed any options besides the interior, even offering to pay more, for jalousie windows from the factory. Our BRS came with dark slider windows and one jams with the screen all the time. It doesn't slide smoothly. Ventilation is poor so we already added a FantasticFan in the bathroom to help get air through the unit. An aftermarket jalousie window without that dark material on it I dislike would run us $900. I almost dropped the phone.........

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
All my contacts with Heartland customer service have been exceptional. I've never got the " It is what it is" feeling from them. Good luck.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When we bought our Bighorns, the dealer had us sign off on the build order. There were no questions as to what was ordered. That order was then faxed to Heartland.
Ask the dealer if you can see the build order.
Not saying that there could not be a mix up at the factory, but the dealer should also have signed off on what they ordered when they took delivery.
Peace
Dave

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
My question is this--Why would your dealer (who placed the order) not tell you over the phone what was wrong BEFORE they let you drive the 500 miles, not once but twice?!! They should never have accepted the rig from the transportation company without a call to the factory first! Sounds like there may be a disconnect between dealer & factory. I also turned my first delivery away but they got it better than right on the second try!!

This tells me the dealer's build sheet was incorrect from the git-go, or they'd have caught the problems before calling the customer...I'd be talking directly to Heartland to make certain that your order is 100 percent correct before it goes on line. We ordered ours in '07, and like someone else said, we had to sign off on the build sheet BEFORE it went to Heartland...I might even consider finding a new dealer!

ParkIt

Maybe you should check with HL to make sure the dealers are actual authorized by HeartLand? It could be they aren't and are getting units from other dealers and telling you the factory messed up.
Just a thought...

Edit: reason why I ask is there is a dealer close to us that had they were "authorized HL" on their website but I found out they weren't. They were using another dealer in another state to get HL's on their lot.

SilverRhino

Maybe you should check with HL to make sure the dealers are actual authorized by HeartLand? It could be they aren't and are getting units from other dealers and telling you the factory messed up.
Just a thought...

Edit: reason why I ask is there is a dealer close to us that had they were "authorized HL" on their website but I found out they weren't. They were using another dealer in another state to get HL's on their lot.

This is interesting.......I was not aware of RV Dealers doing this! I'm glad we have a reputable & fully authorized dealer that we purchased from and that has been more than accommodating when there have been problems.

Edit: Again I learn something new from this Forum.......Great source of information!!

life110mph

Thanks for the feed back. A detail is that we did sign off on a build sheet with the dealer. Would it not be in the best interest of the dealer to order as requested? or maybe I don't get the picture. I believe they are a large volume dealer. So general opinion is hold on to patience or fold now ? PS- Can the factory build and deliver in a weeks time ? Our scheduled vacations and nonrefundable site reservations are set for 1 week from this post.

life110mph

GOOD NEWS. We are remaining hopeful as we were contacted by Heartland today and they have proposed a schedule that is acceptable. We have our fingers crossed. Delivery will tell. We'll keep a thread as we progress and ownership soon. Thanks to all for the "food for thought"

The still excited couple, to become new cyclone owners.

jbeletti

Where's my darn wink icon?

life,

This is great news. I hope it all works out for you. Cyclone is an exciting product and we have a growing number of club members in MN that we'd like you to be a part of, if you elect to.

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Here ya go Jim, I found it.
844.gif

Peace
Dave

life110mph

ABSOLUTELY , We have one for you Jim and 1 of your coworker that contacted us. :) :)
We're hopeful we can pass on a larger 1 in the near future.

The still excited couple, to become new cyclone owners.