WHat is the red light switch under my sink?

greylynn

I have a clear light switch that illuminates red when turned on just under my sink in my Cyclone 3210. it does not illuminate when just running 12v but illuminates when switched up and the 110 is on. Anybody know what this does? I could not find it in my owners manual.

Grey

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Be certain your water heater is full before you turn it on or you will burn out the heating element.
There is also a switch on the water heater that works in conjunction with the red switch. The one on the water heater can be left on at all times.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
First let me say that I know nothing about inverters. The water heater draws 1450 watts, I doubt your inverter will handle it for long. Or you must have one heck of an inverter and a trailer full of batteries. Just my thoughts.
It will work great on shore power however.

Peace
Dave

greylynn

First let me say that I know nothing about inverters. The water heater draws 1450 watts, I doubt your inverter will handle it for long. Or you must have one heck of an inverter and a trailer full of batteries. Just my thoughts.
It will work great on shore power however.

Peace
Dave

I have a Xantrex 3000 watt freedom inverter/charger with auto gen start. I also have 4 Trojan T-105 6 volt batteries. The inverter would handle it easy and but I don't like to put that kinda drain on my battery bank. I didn't think it was that many watts. I can still run it when I have my generator on, so it can still benefit me when I am out at the dunes dry camping and want to conserve a little propane. Thanks for the info guys!

Grey

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have a regular 110 light switch next to the red switch - any ideas on what this is for?

It may be for a switched exterior outlet near your awning arm. They put those in so you can control awning lights, if you wish. In ours, there are two next to the red W/H switch. One for the exterior outlet, and the other for the ceiling fan. But all of our switches are labelled.

View attachment 14054

Johnnyfazer

It may be for a switched exterior outlet near your awning arm. They put those in so you can control awning lights, if you wish. In ours, there are two next to the red W/H switch. One for the exterior outlet, and the other for the ceiling fan. But all of our switches are labelled.

View attachment 14054

Thanks! That makes sense. None of our switches were labeled (but they will be). I noticed the outlet next to the roof when we bought it - I always thought that was for if you were on the roof watching a race from the infield. But having a light switch to turn off awing lights makes total sense. I'll be sure to give it a test and report back my findings. Thanks again.

Johnnyfazer

I was able to verify over the weekend, the switch next to the red switch beside our stove does control the outlet near the roof! Thanks again for help!

Johnny