ATF: North Trail - Sagging Kitchen Sink

USAF6999

2011 North Trail 26RKS. Used a total of 21 nights. Beautiful kitchen counter and sink - wife loves it. Only one problem - the sink is separating from the counter and starting to sag below the counter. Problem started on left side but appears to be working its way around the sink. Given that this is a bottom mount sink, thats not good.

Two related questions:

How is the sink supposed to be attached to the bottom of the counter?

What is the fix for a sink that is separating from the counter?

Appreciate the help!

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
We use an epoxy and clips to adhere it to the bottom of the countertop. If there are not enough clips used it can start to pull away.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
These are what the clips will look like. My sink also started to leak a bit along the front edge. I found that there were no clips there, only one on each side and two at the rear of each bowl. I ran a bead of clear silicone around the perimeter and that ended the leak. I also order two more clips and installed them in the front. When I actually did that, I found that there were already two holes for screws there. Just no clips. You can order them from Heartland Customer Service. They're cheap, but the S&H isn't.

What you'll get are the clips, two threaded rods, and two wing nuts. Toss the rods and wing nuts out, they're not what you need. Get some #8 or #10 pan head wood screws, 1/2" long, to attach the clips.

View attachment 13328View attachment 13329

GOTTOYS

Looks to me like a couple small "L" brackets with a little tweak and a couple screws would do the same thing for about $1.00..Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I bet if you called HL customer service and told them what is happening nicely. I bet they would send you some brackets for free. Your coach can't be that far out of warranty.

caissiel

happend to our unit and the clips were also send to mr fron HL.
I have pics of the repairs if you are interested.
I also wrote a thread on the repairs I did.
here I found it
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/19275-Bighorn-3600RE-Kitchen-Sink