Moving in

We survived a literal "Shakedown Cruise" home, as we got rerouted by a closed interstate 90 at the WY/MT border and ended up detouring through the Bighorn Mountain Range. The last 30 miles to MT took over an hour as it was all gravel and washboard road. We're really, really happy we went for the expensive Hensley Hitch! Only a few items even moved!

The Gypsy Rose is now parked out in our RV parking at the condo and we're slowly moving in. We did take down the 4" foam bed in the loft and put it on top of our mattress...ohhh, nice! We spent last night out in the 5er with the dog and cat...getting them used to their new environment. We love all the windows, but dang, Heartland...how about some plug in's in the coach?! The garage has a million of them, but there are NONE in the living room, and only 3 in the kitchen. That and the cupboards being so tall I needed to buy a step-ladder are my only 'complaints.'

We really love our new home and are really impressed with the quality workmanship throughout the coach. We were surprised at how slick the ramp door is, so Pirate is going to find some spray on coating or something to put down the middle and for each side where his feet will be able to grab some purchase. I am not allowed to EVER walk on the ramp, as I am disabled and a fall would land me in the orthopedic ward...even a small spill. How lucky are we that Heartland includes the rear screen? I just saw a posting on a TH site where some members were pricing screens...hee hee, we don't have that worry!!

The next month will be spent moving in and 'decorating' the walls. I found that the 'snap together' picture hangers by 3M work nicely for hanging pictures/paintings. We have one painting that is a portrait of our mini schnauzer who passed away last October. There is no way we could leave THAT in storage! =) Now our Boone is safely and securely on the wall in our bedroom.

Can't wait to see y'all down the road, on twelve wheels or two!

ParkIt

Looks like we are in the same state, they are tough to get around here so we bought ours out of Texas. Had it hauled up the "long" route, up to AZ then over to I-5 all the way up because the weather has still been "iffy", roads were clear and straight. Sorry you had to go through a washboard but I suppose its better than being fully loaded.
Not sure if anyone else has tried Monstaliner but it works great for slick spots on a ramp, easy to clean and won't fade, used it on the inside of my Jeep wrangler for grip and ez clean up after mudding. It comes in spray or roll on so it may be worth checking out.

What are the "snap together" hangers? Been looking around for something to hang pictures with but haven't found anything yet, in my MH I used to put double sided sticky velcro on the walls and pictures and they never moved. It was also handy to put the TV remote next to the seating that way as well, never a "where is the remote?" because if it wasn't stuck on the wall - it was stuck to you! lol

Have fun and welcome another HL to Washington! :)

Thanks for the tip on the liner! The snap together fasteners are made by 3M, and are hanging on displays with all of their other 'stick on' products. I really like that when you want/need to move it, it doesn't tear up the walls. It kinda looks like velcro, but is far from it. It also 'seems' like it would be way too flimsy, but it holds! Well worth the price for the piece of mind. You actually hear the snap.

We just reserved our winter spot...Leaf Verde in Buckeye, AZ. It's down the road from another couple we know and love who bought a stix 'n brix there. He told us gas is $3.65!! Whoa!! That's cheap!!

We almost bought a BH or BC...but couldn't figure out how to get the Harley aboard. Enjoy your new 'house!' Heartland sure puts out a quality product!