Exterior care & detailing?

ParkIt

First thing, I'm a weirdo about the exterior staying protected year around and used to detail every exterior you can think of for years. My MH had gel gloss which you have to treat differently than other finishes.
The question is with our 5er fiberglass exterior walls - what has anyone been using to detail & protect it with?
Since my Grandfather built boats for a living I learned a lot about fiberglass and the elements, there are plenty of marine products to protect fiberglass but I'm wondering what will hold up better. I've also worked with fiberglass component for cars and found a product that is super protection but not sure if it will adhere to the kind of fiberglass bond on the HL.

Suggestions?
Thanks!

PS: I'm smart enough not to burn through any finish and paint, its an art but you have to start slow and use elbow grease first.

SilverRhino

Number of different discussions about this on the Forum..........With each there seems to be a list of different products used.

I have always use 303 on my RVs after a good washing with dish detergent. Usually do the entire rig each spring and fall with the 303 Protectant and then wash in between. This has what works for me......I'm sure others will share their products and procedures!

Travel Safe!

ParkIt

Thanks Sliver, I've been looking around and used search but couldn't get a hit on this (figured it wasn't new of course). I'll have to look up 303 and wonder....how many DAYS would it take to claybar the entire thing first?
lol

SilverRhino

I went to advanced search and entered "wax" and got a pretty good listing of posts on the subject......Good Luck!

As far as the claybar goes.......I'll time you while you use it on mine :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ParkIt

I went to advanced search and entered "wax" and got a pretty good listing of posts on the subject......Good Luck!
Well that explains it, I tried "detail", "exterior" and "protectant". :rolleyes:

As far as the claybar goes.......I'll time you while you use it on mine :rolleyes:
I'm pretty fast with Griots - I'll take bets on how fast I could do it ;)