Catches for sliding mirror doors

jjwink

The catches on both of our doors broke within the first 8 months we had our Rushmore. Our dealer replaced them under warranty. Not sure if they are available from Camping World.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
How about something like THIS.
Or call Heartland.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

I bought some in Texas from a Heartland dealer. They didn't cost much. After breaking a couple..I only use them when the trailer is being moved other wise I slide the doors to the opposite sides when closing. When I do use them I don't just slam the door into them, I hold them open then move the door and latch it. Doesn't seem to take much to break em...Don

angel

HI Don I think sometimes they don't get set right at the factory the catch on the other door works fine it's not tight but still catches the door good ,I broke mine when I tried to open it the plastic snapped
I bought some in Texas from a Heartland dealer. They didn't cost much. After breaking a couple..I only use them when the trailer is being moved other wise I slide the doors to the opposite sides when closing. When I do use them I don't just slam the door into them, I hold them open then move the door and latch it. Doesn't seem to take much to break em...Don

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
In one year I have broken two on each door, have now replaced both with six inches of velcro. No more problems

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
How about something like THIS.
Or call Heartland.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

Dave, i just bought those. When we got our coach, the catches were mismatched. I had the dealer "make them match", except they replaced the nice black one with a clear dagger-like version that would catch or scrape my arm every time I reached into the closet..... Yes they matched, but I hated them!!! I finally upgraded to the ones you have the link for. Hopefully they will hold up. I know my arm will. :p

E

jdfishing

just wondering where i can get catches for the mirror doors in the bedroom can't seem to find them

I've been through 4 pair until I found some in an out-of-the-way RV store in Wash. They were just like the ones cookie recommended. They've been on for 2 years now. A little more expensive, but well worth it.

archbarb

We've also broken a set or two of the latches. The first time we were on a two week trip so we stopped at Camping World and got two sets. They are clear plastic instead of the black that Heartland uses, but works just fine!!!!!

Archie

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We also got the ones from CW. They work okay but will leave a mark if you hit them, especially if you are advanced in age as I am and the skin is a little thin.

jpdoggett

I have one broken on my 2011 Augusta, broke the first week we had it I fixed it but I saw some at the dealer in Rockport Texas

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Here is our solution. Remove the latches and replace them by putting a strip of Velcro on the edge of the door and the mating strip of Velcro on the door frame. The Velcro holds the door closed when traveling and you don't hurt yourself on it.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Heartland must have realized that the ones you guys have were not good. We have some that are metal and work like a barrel lock does with a metal hole on the floor. There is no plastic to them.