12 volt outlet in bedroom?/ security light?

fsh2win

Always fish to win!!
Hello, we are a new owners of a 2900mk (as of last week) I was just wondering if there is a 12 volt outlet missing by the tv in the bedroom? Also is there supposed to be a security light on the "drivers" side of the unit.We do not have either one but the pictures on the internet shows that it has them. Thanks for your time.

Forrest Fetherolf

fish2win,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but what you see on the internet is not always what you pull of the dealers lot. Scott (at Heartland) has admitted that the 300+ pages of manuals and literature are not up to snuff, but they are working on it.
My 06 3600RL Bighorn, according to the literature, was to have Mor-Ryde Suspension, step light, 120v outlet under awning, and solid wood cabinets. None of these items existed on my rig.
Clovis RV represented that my new 06 rig had been on their lot for about two weeks as of 7/06, but in reality the rig was build 8/11/05 and delivered to their dealership 9/05. The salesman might have been suffering from "selective amnesia."
Stay tuned to this forum if you want the real facts.

Forrest

nhunter

Apparently Forrest has an early 06, same as me. I was pouty at first then saw some of the changes to the late 06's and was happy.

Scott

I guess my exact interpretation would be this - the Heartland web site is pretty well up to date. It is exact? No - neither are our brochures - because we make a number of running changes. Some because of supplier issues; some because of economic issues (like when aluminum went through the roof and we went to wood floor trusses to stay price competitive with other brands who were using wood all along); and some because of quality.
Beyond that, we revamp the product on a bigger scale approximately twice a year.
The biggest issue I heard from Forest goes back to the dealer - not Heartland. We simply can't control situations where the customer and the dealer are not on the same page as to what a particular model does or does not have when they are shopping it over the phone. He obviously bought a coach that was already on a dealer's lot and missed the product changes that were occuring at the plant and reflected on the web site. The only thing I can say to that is - you should always take the time to go through the coach before you purchase it. That way there will be no surprises.
I'm just trying to explain why it's not practical to only have coaches on every sales lot out there that match up exactly with the latest specs on the web site. I can't see someone going wrong if they carefully compare and go through the coach at the dealership prior to purchase.
AND... if you find a coach that doesn't have the latest and greatest features - you should use that fact to get a heck of a deal on it from the dealer.
ST

fsh2win

Always fish to win!!
just wondering if they are missing on my 2900mk

Scott, thanks for the quick reply. I really like this webpage and the access to "ask the factory" glad I bought a Heartland!! I was just wondering if my security light and 12 volt plug are missing? I'm very happy with my dealer, they just stated that they do not have an owners manual due to the fact that the Sundance is a new product, and new to them. They are not sure if they are missing or not. I had another type (company) trailer before the Sundance and the workmanship was really bad. I guess that i'm just a little "gun shy" Ha.Ha.:D Do you know if they are missing according to the plans or am I good to go!! Thanks for your time, Phil (Roseville, California.)None

Forrest Fetherolf

Scott @ Heartland,

I agree with you - most of my complaints are with the dealer and not Heartland. You and Chris De La Paz have addressed every issue and supplied me with the necessities to make my rig what I had expected it to be when I purchased it.

Although I have had several problems (that were eventully remedied by myself and/or by Heartland), I would not trade my rig for any other brand. Prior to my purchase, I had surveyed several other 5th wheel makes and came full circle back to Heartland. Unfortunately, I chose the wrong dealer to represent Heartland and sell me my Bighorn.

In my opinion Heartland is number one compared to their competitors and I hate to see them reducing their quality to compete with lesser quality manufactures. I am for Heartland maintaining a quality product and letting the others come up to their standards.

Forrest