2012 Cyclone 3010 HD Kidney Shape Table Mod

u243412

Not sure which skinny guy decided how close to place that kidney shaped table to the bench - but it's way to close to comfortably get in and out of the seating area.

So I'm thinking to change that kidney table to a swivel style table.
I tried the search function without any luck. Anyone have links - as this mod has been mentioned before.

Either way, I'm thinking to create a new table base with a bearing on it, then the kidney table on top of that. I should be able to swing the kidney out of the way, slide into the seat, and swing the table back to it's normal position. I just need some kind of bearing or guide so the top original kidney table can rotate on the new base.
Any ideas?
thanks

trvlrerik

How about putting some sort of "lazy Susan" swivel under the table buy making some sort of base connecting the two mounting poles together, and then putting the kidney table on top of that. The down side to this is that it would make the table thicker and heavier, so it would be tougher to store for travel.

rockstarr

What about using some sort of drawer slide that would allow you to keep the same poles, but could simply 'push' away from the bench as needed...?

dougw

I'd be interested in what you come up with. I'm wanting to make a table that is just plain smaller in size so it is easier to get into the booth. I'm trying now to decide if I can come up with the same Formica top to make my own vs ordering a new table from heartland and cutting it down to size.

Good luck and post what you find.
Doug

u243412

How about putting some sort of "lazy Susan" swivel under the table buy making some sort of base connecting the two mounting poles together, and then putting the kidney table on top of that. The down side to this is that it would make the table thicker and heavier, so it would be tougher to store for travel.

That's exactly what I was trying to describe. I was thinking of making the new base outta alum - to keep it light, and some kinda thin lazy suzan to keep the height/size down. (We store the table on the bottom garage bed when we travel)

I just gotta find a real thin Lazy Susan.

sdrubrecht

We didn't like the table either. We made several test tops from plywood before we settled on a simple rounded corner rectangle. We had a mahogany slab salvaged from a job, its a great color match for the cherry cabinetry. Cant get in our garage easily from the living room with the Teryx in it, so I made a bracket to store it in at the sliding door. The table seats four people easily. We love it.

Attachments

• New clone stuff 003e.jpg
    New clone stuff 003e.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 256
  • New clone stuff 001e.jpg
    New clone stuff 001e.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 317

porthole

Retired
We didn't like the table either. We made several test tops from plywood before we settled on a simple rounded corner rectangle. We had a mahogany slab salvaged from a job, its a great color match for the cherry cabinetry. Cant get in our garage easily from the living room with the Teryx in it, so I made a bracket to store it in at the sliding door. The table seats four people easily. We love it.

great looking table.

Huey

Great looking table.

We are looking for a teak collapsing table, like a friend of ours had in his Grand Banks trawler. It was a coffee table and you could push a lever and it would rise to a dinning table.

We find that the kidney shaped table forces us to sit on the edge of the seating area in order to eat. Definately not comfortable.

I also would like to know the deminisions of your table.

sdrubrecht

Table is 37" by 30". It is centred on the supports and is just about plumb up from the edge of the seating. I used a 1 gallon paint can for the curved corners. Thanks for the compliments.

u243412

I took the mounts off the original table and installed them on a spare piece of malimen (sp) board that I had. Then I attached the orignal table to the malimen board. It spun great - but was too easy to move. So I added some foam (door edge double sided tape stuff) and covered over w/ duct tape for smooth sliding. No it's perfect.

Other buddy bought a Fuzion 305. Nice trailer but their table is worse than the Cyclone table w/o a Lazy Susan.
This is a must do mod for the Cyclone table. MO.