Exposed OSB-Is this right?

JJAK17

I took delivery of my 2007 Sundance 3200RBH last week. During the walk thru I noticed that on the "non-curb/drivers side" that there is an exposed piece of OSB. It is approx. 18"X30" (just a rough quess). It is on the underside of the trailer just behind the LP storage area. It is loacted next to the skirting on the outside/exterior portion of the trailer. IT is the only piece of exposed OSB (or wood of any kind) on the entire under carriage of the trailer. It is in a spot that with out question would get wet with road spray as I drive. I am sure that it wont rot over night but with in a few years I fear that it could cause me some headaches. I do see some black spray or overspray on it. Is this some type of undercoating?

I did point this out to the dealer and I was told that it was to be that way. I thought that I would go directly to the source and find out for sure. I am uncomfortable with this wood/OSB being exposed to the elements. Here are a couple pictures to help you look at what I am talking about. THanks Jason

IN this picture you can see the bottom of the LP storage.
DSCF3717.jpg

DSCF3715.jpg

DSCF3713.jpg

RickNB

Looks like someone got in a bit of a rush and forgot to cover that up. There is none like that on my 2800RLS I will have a look tomorrow at my new 3200ES havnt had a chance to get up close and personal with the bottom side of it yet.

Have Fun

Uncle Rog

If that is the bottom of the deck it is supposed to be completely covered, my BH did not come with a spare, the dealer said that was not offered anymore! HL sent the spare and the hardware to my repair shop to install when I mentioned it to them! Goog luck, get it fixed.......

JJAK17

Yes that is the bottom of the deck. I am hoping that Scott will take a look at it and let me know what I should do next since I did not get much of a response from the dealer. It is the only spot on the entire under carriage that is not either wrapped or covered with the "under liner".

I did call the dealer again today and wanted to know if they found out anything on this issue. They still dont know anything. I will call again in a few days.

Last edited:

Scott

I am going to agree with you - that is NOT right. Let's get it back to the dealer and get that area covered up. Don't know what happened there, but we will take care of it for you.

ST

JJAK17

Scott
Thanks for the response. I am not sure what the dealership will do for me since when I first showed it to them they told me that it was nothing to worry about. I am not sure what they plan on doing. From a factory view point what would you suggest to get it right? So I dont have problems in the future.
THanks
Jason

Scott

If it supposed to be covered, they will cover that area for you. If they don't have the materials there (which they should), they will need to put in a parts order and get them from us.
ST