2011 2950RK Washer/Dryer hookups?

cascole

I have seen several floorplans for the same model/year. Some show WD hookups in the master closet, some do not. Are those available in the 2950 or no? Thank you!

B

bwwalczak

The Big Country 2950RK does not have washer dryer prep in the front closet. I hope this helps answer your question.

jimtoo

Hi cascole,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Not to many folks have washer, driers in their units. Most go to the local place or a lot of rv parks have them for use also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

cascole

Thanks so much for the welcome! It looks like I'll be spending more time around here as we move forward.

We, too, are unsure if we would ever really use a washer/dryer ourselves, but figured for resale down the line it's a 'good to have' ... We are pretty close to deciding that the 3250TS is actually the model we both really like - but I'm a researcher, so have to look at every angle. ;-) Now... if only the 3250 came with a J-lounge... hahaha

jimtoo

Hi cascole,

When we go for a few days to a week, we take enough clothes that we never have to wash... Now we are on a 3 to 5 week trip and will need to use the washers at the park or somewhere. We just did not see the extra weight and cost as a benefit. Most of the units in the trailers are very small and take a long time to wash a load and dry.

So research and have fun doing it... just get the 3250 and be comfortable.

Jim M

ChangingPlaces

2011 2950 Washer Hookup
Hi
We are soon to fit a front loading Soba Babynova 1000 washing machine to our 2950. We are looking to fit it in our basement acessed from the door next to docking station. My quieries are do we hook the machine up to rig for water supply and drainage into the gray tanks or do we have an external supply via a hose and drainage to an external point. We do have an extra supply of 145 litres of water on our truck if needed. Yours thoughts please. I thankyou in advance.
Paul

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our washer is hooked up to the coach's fresh water supply and drains to the bathroom gray tank. We can use either city water supply or holding water tank supply.

ChangingPlaces

Thanks for that info. I have since spoken to a dealer here in New Zealand and what they do for there installs is to hook the washing machine up both ways where 1. it is hooked up the fresh water supply and drain to the gray tank. The 2nd option we would have a valve system to switch to a external water supply and drainage hose. We want to Freedom camp as much as possible so this would atleast give us the options.
Many thanks

porthole

Retired
Thanks so much for the welcome! It looks like I'll be spending more time around here as we move forward.

We, too, are unsure if we would ever really use a washer/dryer ourselves, but figured for resale down the line it's a 'good to have' ... We are pretty close to deciding that the 3250TS is actually the model we both really like - but I'm a researcher, so have to look at every angle. ;-) Now... if only the 3250 came with a J-lounge... hahaha

We have the combo unit, wouldn't be without it. At least use the dryer almost every day (towels after showers)

As to resale??? As a trade in option it is worthless.
For a used trailer buyer you may here "great I like that option" or we have no use for how much off of the price (like people who come to look at your house knowing it has an in ground pool)