New RVIA Canadian Seal Change

timbuktu

I found this article about changes to the Canadian RVIA Seal requirements: http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/06/r...l&utm_campaign=Feed:+RvBusiness+(RV+Business)

The article is pretty vague on what is actually changing. I even Googled Z240 Standard and the actual description is pretty vague too. But it looks like units going to Canada will have to have a better frame, insulation, ducting, etc. Anyone have any info on what Heartland has to actually change in order to meet the requirements? Just wondering since Cyclone is the best selling TH in Canada. And if upgrades do in fact have to be made to the above mentioned, it seems like some American bound units would also benefit.

timbuktu

Can anyone from the factory chime in on what is different on production units to comply with the new requirements?

jbeletti

The factory does not monitor the general forum. I suggest you contact Heartland sales by phone on Monday - 574-262-5992.

caissiel

I have an idea they have included a special CSA requirements to stop the importation of the US sales to canadians. Frame repairs or modifications are a very serious addition the an RV. And with the frame failures that have happened I am glad that they did something about it. Though it was a canadian trailer that broke on me 3 years ago, I feel someone has noticed problems with some of the units sold in Canada.
Although there are hardly any canadian manufacturers left in our country, there is a lot of US trailers imported in Canada bypassing canadian dealers. It is a kick in the A.... for us it will just raise the pricing of our new units, that are already very high.

wonka

There are NO Canadian manufacturers left, so I see no point in trying to protect them. As far as the dealers go, I'm sure they are not, short of shipping and import fees, paying anymore than their US counter parts, just being greedy. I also can not see ANY manufacturer changing just the north bound units, they would most likely just stop exporting them (unless the numbers are there), then the whole line would likely see the changes.

Willym

There are NO Canadian manufacturers left, so I see no point in trying to protect them. As far as the dealers go, I'm sure they are not, short of shipping and import fees, paying anymore than their US counter parts, just being greedy. I also can not see ANY manufacturer changing just the north bound units, they would most likely just stop exporting them (unless the numbers are there), then the whole line would likely see the changes.
For RV's, there are a number of Canadian manufacturers still going. I came up with Road Trek, Pleasureway, Triple E, Taylor Coach, and two small trailer makers in Quebec. I suspect that the RVIA standards will be met by most US companies with few changes required for Canada bound units. Maybe they just have to add the sticker...

wonka

Well aside from the motorcoaches, I doubt there is the numbers to warrant a monopoly in Canada, because if my choices were Taylor Coach, or the wheeled eggs I would go back to a tent.
I guess I should have stated No significant manufacturers left.