New trailer is in the shop after our first trip

GaryWT

Hopefully all will be good but hate to have it in the shop. The reason we made the appointment was the rear jack motor snapped off the trailer, the RV dealer said to drop it off on our way home from Memorial Day which we did. While camping in it for the first time, the list grew to about 7 things so hopefully they will get fixed. Some we would not have brought it in but since it was there, we are having them take care of it all. Some of the things they are doing is fixing the door on the water heater as the hinge is broken, the TV's do not work correctly, when hooked up to cable the inside TV does not get a signal and when I brought the cable in the trailer and hooked it direct, got a signal but very snowy. The outside TV was a little better but not much. We had a leak in the shower and our door to the outside kitchen is broken.

Still loved the trailer and had a great weekend. The outside kitchen is great to have and makes things so easy.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new coach, but sorry to hear about the shake-down run. I have had 2 new coaches and the a 3rd one just came off the assemble line. Each one of the two had tweeking problems which seems to be par for the course. We just took it with a smile and patients, working with the dealer and ending up with great coaches. Someone else on the forum summed rigs up - rolling earthquakes. Enjoy and travel safely.

olyfire

Sounds like us about a year ago. After our first trip out we had at least that many problems. I fixed the leak in the shower and the TV's didn't work, the wires fell out of the connectors. The rest of the items were fixed by the dealer. We have had it back in a few more times with small problems.
The best part is all of the items were fixed and we love the trailer. The outside kitchen is awesome. Don't be discouraged with the shakedown problems.

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
They are still working on our slide leak. And now a few other things after a 2 week trip. But we love the trailer and we are certain everything will be fixed. It is almost fixed, but it rained buckets at Cape Lookout, outside of Tillamook and it did leak then.

It tows so great, we just love it.

Our outside fresh water drain is leaking and there is a problem with the city water hook-up, when we disconnect it and use our pump water shoots out the connection. We have a small rip in a side seal, oh and a screw head broke off the bottom of the slideout. Think that is about it.
We were a bit worried because it is so low, the trailer, but no problems anywhere and 101 down the coast is horrible in places, it is like a rutted, roller-coaster in places.

GaryWT

Heard from the dealer today, everything is fixed except the rear jack motor, the are waiting to hear from Heartland before doing anything.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I'd make sure you dealer has contacted Heartland. It seems lately there have been many post that Heartland was slow to respond just to find out it was the dealer failing to make contact (not accusing... just saying).

I called Heartland directly with a question on our bedroom TV warranty, was asked to hold and then put on a three way conference call with the Jensen rep along with the Heartland customer service rep. The issue was cleared up then and there.

GaryWT

Heard from the dealer today, they got the approval that they were waiting for, part is ordered so hopefuly will have the trailer back soon.

Yellowreef

When hooking up the cable at the campground you need to hit the red button on the cable outlet on the wall near the tv. That switches from the antenna to the cable feed.

GaryWT

Have had the trailer back a couple weeks used it this weekend, everything they fixed is good but now we have a leak under the itchen sink, will try to get that taken care of this week on my own, hopefully just something loose.

To fix the TV problem, they found 6 issues with wire and or connectors that had to be repalaced for all to work, everything works great now. The motor jack was repalced and works good. Very happy with the service e got and we just love the trailer.

I live at the outside kitchen...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Gary, I would say the first thing to check would be the drain connections. Those seem to be the culprit most of the time. You may be missing a small rubber flange gasket.

fjm039

Gary,

I had a few loose connections under my sinks (kitchen and bathroom) when I first got it. I had to snug them up and they were fine. Hope that is all your problems are.

Jeff

GaryWT

As for the leak under the kitchen sink, took everything apart and re-screwed everything together and it seems fine, I think a few things were loose, no big deal. Just returned from another 4 nights and everything was fine this time out.

DEFreeman

I just picked up my first North Trail TT. After reading all the post on here, I hope I made the right decision? I purchased a 2012 NT FBS 21

jimtoo

I just picked up my first North Trail TT. After reading all the post on here, I hope I made the right decision? I purchased a 2012 NT FBS 21

Hi DEFreeman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

There are a lot of North Trails out there with no problems. Needless to say, you always hear about the broken bolt, but very rarely do you hear of the thousands that out there holding everything together. Heartland is not perfect, nor are any of the other Manuf.. But Heartland tries to keep the owners happy and does a great job of working with the dealers and even independent repair shops to take care of any problems with proper communications and pre-authorizations for any repairs needed. The Heartland Owners Forum is one of the best tools you can have I think. We have several thousand active members, from Drs, Lawyers, ditch diggers,, mechanics,, salesmen, engineers, cowboys, and truck drivers.,... people from all walks of life are here and they all try to help if it is needed.

So hopefully you did a very through PDI and got anything you found wrong repaired or arrangements in writing to get it done. Take your new NT out and make lots of great memories.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
They invented warrant to make sure we are not out of pocket for this stuff. My feeling is that when you build a house and do a walk through the house stands still until it settles. A trailer gets yanked all ove the worst roads, curbs etc. something is bound to shake loose. The inspections I saw were static, nothing like a road test to find the problems.

GaryWT

WEll, once the things have been fixed all is good. We love our trailer, have not used the inside sink since I fixed it since I love the outside kitchen so much we do everything there. We do have one more thing to fix/change, the queen matress is a spring with a piece of cloth on it and needs to be upgraded.