Window Issues Anyone?

Our Rushmore is new (Feb) and the problems never quit. Most recent one - the outside window on one of the dual panes over the couch shattered and then fell completely out. We have it taped in and had to tape one on the other side so it doesn't keep opening while we're driving. We really look nice going down the road taped together. The whole window frame on one of the 9 x 24 windows looks like it's falling apart. Worse yet, our dealer says this is most likely not covered by warranty.

We're on a 3 month trip. Good advertising for Heartland, huh?? Guess we should have kept our BigHorn instead of moving up to the Flagship!

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Squeak a wheel, get a greasin! I'll bet you can get this fixed. Call Heartland because it sounds like the dealer is being flaky.;)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would agree. A 2011 is just a bit too new to have the windows falling out and not be covered. Some dealers won't do warranty because they don't turn a big profit on it. Some appear to be relatives of Pinochio.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gary, did this happen while driving?? If it did, it begs the question what caused it. A rock flying from yours or someones tire....or a stress point in the wall. I hope when the window is replaced that someone makes sure that there is not something that caused it. If the window fits toooo tight and it is just replaced....it will happen again.

jimpav

I recently had a single pane window shatter. I discovered it after opening the trailer from the winter. After having the window replaced, I noticed that it was kind of wavy when viewed from the side. My installer told me that when the OEM gets windows in during the mfg process, they order hendreds of them at one time. This results in all from the same batch or mold. Anytime you replace a window, it might appear dofferent because of different molds form different suppliers. I'm curious as to how your's appears.

These are the frameless dual pane windows and it appears that the glue holding it on the top gave way. Then it separated and hung out from the top and started bouncing. We're in Alaska and are supposed to get it replaced when we get to Anchorage. We have another window that has the same problem on the bottom and we wonder if we didn't just get a batch of bad glue. It's easy to blame Alaska's highways but all this happened before we even hit any rough road. It's a side window and if it were from a rock it wouldn't explain why the whole window shattered and part of the frame released.

squecknz

We have a 2011 (Janurary) Grand Canyon and have had window by table replaced now the inner pane does not allow window to be closed.

Update on above.
1/27/2012
Replaced dual pane Window by Table plus complete Rear window now fogging up. local landmark dealer (TravelRV Langley BC) ordered replacements 22 Nov 2011. As at 1/27/2012 replacements have not arrived at dealership. Three months for any replacement parts is poor service on the part of Lippert components/Heartland.

Last edited: