king mattress replacement

My husband is having some back problems and we were thinking about replacing our mattress in our BigHorn. Course the corners at the foot of the bed make that a problem since they are rounded. Do you have any suggestions? He needs something that is really firm with a pillow top or an air mattress with a pillow top. What happens if a regular mattress without the rounded corners is used. Does it damage the cabinet doors when the slide comes in? We are full-timers so this is a real problem. We have a 2006 BigHorn 3600RL.:(

nhunter

We installed a foam topper on top of our mattress and it is a night and day difference. Might be something to look at as lots of others have done it.

jwb187

We also purchased a foam topper mattress (three inch I believe) from Overstock.com and this is a very comfortable addition to the stock mattress that came with the 3055. Just got through sleeping on it for two nights and slept as good as on my bed at home!!! Our bed when the slide comes in just barely touches the lav vanity and causes no problem. Some have had to open the vanity door to make room for the mattress.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I have the same problem in our 3670. I put a 2" topper on it and it's just OK. I wish I had gotten the 4". Overstock has a 4" with the memory foam pillows included for about $150 or so last I saw. If that won't do it, you might look into the Sleep Number beds they make specifically for RV's. I don't know if they will fit or not and they are expensive, but so is your back.

Midastouch

I've got a 4" memory foam topper and the bed is GREAT! I had to cut the excess off with a electric knife to the shape of the bed but without that topper ... no way I would sleep as well as I do!

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
we put a 2 1/2 inch topper on and just spent 3 months away. Real nice sleep now.

ChopperBill

Toppers are nice and have a 4 inch in the FW as well as the house, but we finally bought a 10 inch Spring Air for the house. 6 inch foam and 4 inch memory foam. Wow! What a difference! We are going to Put the 4 inch out of the house into our TC. When I hit the lottery the a Spring air will be in the Bighorn.

C

Chulinw

None ChopperBill when you get some good numbers pass them on. Will you share? I know lots of people will be ask for money when you get the lottery money.:eek:

ChopperBill

Being the nice guy I am, and generous to boot. One dollar goes to each of my Heartland forum friends when my numbers come in! None

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
ChopperBill said:
Being the nice guy I am, and generous to boot. One dollar goes to each of my Heartland forum friends when my numbers come in! None
Golly,I was thinking you would rent a whole campground for us and throw a Beer & BBQ Fest. Such a let down but guess I'll get over it.;) --Ken

P.S. Sorry was so worked up with ChopperBills let down almost forgot to say I added a 2 1/2" topper, I have a bad back also and seems to help to support the right areas.

v92c

Texan
We replaced our mattress with a memory foam mattress, not a topper from Walmart. It is 8" thick. It is very firm and I believe it cost around $300. I was worried about the corners at first but it hasnt been a problem. You lose some room around the end of the bed but it hasnt been an issue for us. I had considered cutting the corners off with an electric knife, but since it hasnt been a problem I never did it.