Polymers?

traveler44

I have noticed that some of the products that some of you swear by to keep the bugs off the front and to protect the finish on the sides are polymers. I haven't used any of them yet because I haven't found the most popular ones in our area. I was wondering if any of you have used Rejex or Polyglow and what happens with these down the line. Do you remove them with soap and water to reapply? Do they discolor in time? Do they protect the finish enough to make them worth the cost and effort? Tom M.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
The only thing that will remove Poliglow is another item called Poli-Prep. PoliPrep also has to be used prior to applying Poliglow.

I was a huge fan of PoliGlow. Used it on two different boats that had dark hulls. Really made the hull shine and very smooth.

I did use it on my front cap on the BC and took it off after a few months. Although bug removal very easy it seemed to make the front cap a dull-off white. Couldn't really see that until we went camping at a rally. Sites were close together and it was easy to compare my cap to my neighbors cap who had been using 303.

When we got home the Poliglow came off and I have been using the 303 for a year now. Maybe I didn't do it right, but I was disappointed on how the Poliglow looked. It probably protected the cap fine but looked bad. Using the Poliprep to remove the Poliglow is almost as labor intensive as putting the Poliglow on.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hello!

I use Rejex on both the RV and my bike. The product works well for me. I usually coat the front cap after every long trip...not that it is necessary but that's just me! The bugs do come off quiet easily when washing. Black sreaks wipe off with just your finger. HERE is a link to the Rejex FAQ page.

Best Wishes!

rjr6150

Another vote for Rejex about 1/2 way through the spring cleanup. Need to have the rig and TV looking good for our Rally next week.

HappyKayakers

I applied PoliGlow to the front and rear caps back in Feb. Both still look great. Before applying, there was absolutely no shine left on the caps. They just looked dull and chalky. I've tried the oxidation pastes and all the fancy waxes - none of them worked as well as PoliGlow. Hopefully I'll get to finish the rest of the rig in the next month or so when I get under some shade trees.

GOTTOYS

I've used Rejex in the past and liked it. I tried Nu-Finish this time. It works the same way, is also a polymer and costs about 1/3 as Rejex. It is also readily available. Can't imagine it's much different than any of the others. I used the liquid. Don't know how long it will last yet..Don

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I've used Rejex in the past and liked it. I tried Nu-Finish this time. It works the same way, is also a polymer and costs about 1/3 as Rejex. It is also readily available. Can't imagine it's much different than any of the others. I used the liquid. Don't know how long it will last yet..Don

I have used Nu-Finish for the past 10 years or so (especially on my bikes) and always had good results with it. It doesn't seem to help with the bug issue as much as the Rejex though. I also use the Rejex on my bikes windshield! Rejex can be hard to find!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I don't know about taking it off but Rejex is what I use and it seems to last 2-4 months unless you wash with a harsh soap. I have used it for a number of years and it hasn't yellowed.

traveler44

Thanks so much for all the information. I will look for rejex when we're traveling. I went ahead and used Maguires this time because it's easy to find around here and it looks good on the front cap. I have used nufinish in the past but just wasn't satisfied with it--didn't last long for me. Thanks again Tom M.