National Rally Route, be aware of Bonnaroo in Manchester, TN/I-24

GETnBYE

Maybe I should say......be-ware!

Depending on when you plan to go thru this area, it can be a mess.

We are thinking of re-routing to I-65 by way of Huntsville.
Dates for Bonnaroo are June 9-12.

safe travels all
http://www.bonnaroo.com/

Last edited:

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
The worse day to try and go through there will be the first day with arrivals. They have tried to keep those that are attending in the 2 right lanes with the shoulder being used as a lane. If you stay in the left lane it will be better. Will you have a slow down YES, will you be stopped dead still probably not. For those of you coming up I-24 take your time and you will be fine. After exit 111 you will be good to go. If you can go by way of I-65 you might consider it.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
My son went to Bonnaroo a couple of years ago and sat on the side of I-24 for over 6 hours trying to get into the campgrounds. He said that several times, the interstate came to a complete stand still - one time for over 2 hours. Wayne is right - for those coming from the south up I-24, have patients and plan on some long delays. Travel safely.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
They announced this morning that they were opening a second entrance to the festival and was also opening earlier. They will start letting people into the venue tonight instead of in the morning. They are also restricting festival goers to the shoulder so that it will not impede traffic on I-24. Please remember that there are some that will try to take advantage of the right hand lane and watch for them. Safe travels to the Rally we will be there next year. (wife retires in 45 days).

SmokeyBare

Drove up I-24 today (6/8/2011) and the signs were all along the hwy... telling those going to Bonnaroo to use the Curb lane. They went for several miles.

There were a hand full of vehicles in line to get into the events parking as we passed by around noon.