filling holding tank

bob-jo

we have a 2011 sundance 5th wheel and are having trouble filling the holding tank. It fills to 1/3 and won't take anymore. Any suggestions

jimtoo

Hi bob-jo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

There have been some reports of the vent line for the fresh water tank sagging, getting low and getting water in it. You might blow out the vent and try adding some more. Or remove panel and check behind the connector to see what it looks like.

The Heartland Family is here to help.

Jim M

tgdameron

We have 2011 Cyclone and it has two water tanks, I would guess 50 gals each. I found that I had to stop every 5 minutes or so and let them equalize before adding more water. The venting system leaves a bit to be desired and when you stop you will hear them as the water moves from the front to the rear tank.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I have the same problem with our 2010 Sundance. I thought that the gauge was just wrong. The one time I have filled it all the way up it run over and out but did not show full. I'll play with that this morning.

While we are on the subject, my tank has been empty for about 3 weeks. We are packing to leave on the 7th for Michigan for a month and was wondering if there are any "home remedy" for freshing the water tank? I was just going to use a cup of bleach and fill it up, run water through system and let it set couple hours and then drain, flush and re-fill with fresh. Good or bad idea?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
While we are on the subject, my tank has been empty for about 3 weeks. We are packing to leave on the 7th for Michigan for a month and was wondering if there are any "home remedy" for freshing the water tank? I was just going to use a cup of bleach and fill it up, run water through system and let it set couple hours and then drain, flush and re-fill with fresh. Good or bad idea?
Rax, your idea is the same way I do ours. I only fill it about half way with water though and travel a ways to slosh it around in the tank. I then let the tank drain while traveling.