White toggle switch on side of Hydraulic pump

Jharris

I have a 2011 3585RL and was looking over the hydraulic pump setup the other day. I can't seem to find anywhere in my literature what the little white toggle switch on the side of the assembly is for. Also there was a chrome flex hose in my owners packet that I assume is for a drill extension should I ever have to manually run the pump motor. Any comments would be appreciated. thx.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The white toggle switch is the external switch to retract or extend the slides. The switch on the inside is the same switch. They both preform the same function. The valves on the maniflod allow you to determine if you want to extend or retract only one or more slides.

BC

Jharris

Was my assumption correct on the chrome flex piece? It's about 8 to 10 inches long and looks like an extension for the drill. Just want to make sure. Thx

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't know about a chrome flex hose gizmo, Jim. My experience with flexible drive shafts on drills is not good. I went and bought a Craftsman 1/4" hex bit and ratchet extension (with adapter for the drill) to use for mine, should the need arise. The hole in the basement wall lines up perfectly with the butt end of the pump motor. I keep it all in my tool box.

Jharris

Hi John,
I did a little more investigating with Lakeshore RV, Muskegon MI and am told that the 3585RL has two systems for the slideouts. The main two are hydraulic and the front bedroom is electric. Apparently the gizmo is to use if and when you ever have to operate the front bedroom slide manually. I'm still not sure as to where it hooks up however I guess that's what its for. You ever heard of this before??

JohnDar

Hi Jim,
Nope. My slides are all hydraulic, but other models are a mix like yours. Perhaps a 3585 owner can chime in here.

Willym

I suspect that you have an Accuslide bedroom slide mechanism. here's a link to the manual for this system. It explains the flexible shaft used for manual operation.
http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/accuslide/accuslide_service-manual.pdf

Hi John,
I did a little more investigating with Lakeshore RV, Muskegon MI and am told that the 3585RL has two systems for the slideouts. The main two are hydraulic and the front bedroom is electric. Apparently the gizmo is to use if and when you ever have to operate the front bedroom slide manually. I'm still not sure as to where it hooks up however I guess that's what its for. You ever heard of this before??

JohnDar

Looks like it's the same basic operation as manually operating the hydraulic slide pump motor.

Jharris

Thanks Bill, I believe your correct. The picture of the flex shaft in the brochure is exactly what I have. Thanks so much for the information, I copied the file onto my computer. Hope I never need it but.....

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
WOW Thanks for the information.. I too have a 3585RL I didn't get a flex extention in my Packet.. I did however have to replace all the mounting screws on the outside wall where the cables connect. One of the backets had all the screws shear off. After replacing the screws with bigger and longer ones, I had a fun time getting the cable back to the brackett... After that I removed all the other screws one at a time and replaced them. I do't know why they sheared off other than they were to small.. I did print of the manual posted here. I will contact my dealer for a flex extention to.. Sure wish they would have put hydraulic here too... Haven't had any problems with the 2 other slides [hydraulic]. As a matter of fact I haven't had any serious problems at all, and the small ones I have had I have been able to fix myself. Thankfull for being mechanical, as my family refers to me as the "tool man".
Hpe you have had as much enjoyment with your 3585 as we have, in such a short time Jan.2011.
Larry and Donna Keever
Oklahoma City, Ok.
2010 Ford F-350 FX4 6.4 diesel Dually
2011 BigHorn 3585RL
HOC1811

Looking forward to our first Heartland Rally in Canton,Tx. in October.