Off for Fun in June

floridarandy

We shove off Sunday for a two legged journey around Florida. First up is Anastasia State Park on the Atlantic Ocean in St. Augustine, America's oldest city and home to the Fountain of Youth :). Wish us luck on the St. Augustine Pub Crawl Monday nite! Then our favorite waterfront dining spot, Caps on the Water.

Then later next week its off to the center of the State and Oleno State Park, a 1930's WPA park at the head of the Santa Fe River where it literally rises out of the ground on its journey in the the Suwannee River before the Suwannee empties into the Gulf of Mexico. Highlight of this part of the trip is tubing down the crystan clear 70 degree Ichetucknee Springs from its headwaters to where it empties into the Santa Fe River.

Then back to Sarasota after that next weekend. Check out the pictures at some point after our return on our blog, 5th Wheel Camping.

Randy and Karen

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Have a great trip Randy & Karen. We are putting together our plan for Florida next Winter. We're pretty much all set except for March. Hoping to get to that Rally in Seffner.

Last edited:

Jimmy

Have a good time, both places are great, we live in between the two in the big town of Middleburg.

floridarandy

Have a great trip Randy & Karen. We are putting together our plan for Florida nest Winter. We're pretty much all set except for March. Hoping to get to that Rally in Seffner.

will be great to see you ray, after talking online so much. bring a wisconsin rapids souvenier :). we'll be at the rally. where are you staying in florida?

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Sounds like you will be taking our "baby" on a wonderful adventure. Have fun. Hope to see you both soon in sunny FL.

floridarandy

Well the first leg of our journey ends today. Had a blast in St Augustine. Great pics of bike riding on Anastasia Beach, a nice hike on the Ancient Dunes Trail. Lunch at the Conch House, the First Spanish Mission in the US and dinner at Caps on the Water in Valano Beach.

Check this link for all the pics:
http://anastasia.rjc.sent.com/on%20the%20beach/

Off tomorrow for Oleno State Park and riding a tube down Ichetucknee Springs....72 degree water year round!

More fun and pics later.

Randy and Karen

Ray LeTourneau

will be great to see you ray, after talking online so much. bring a wisconsin rapids souvenier :). we'll be at the rally. where are you staying in florida?
For December, we'll be in Waldo. We wanted to stay in St. Augustine but no sites available (at least at a "reputable" park). January we move to Elite Resorts just south of Clermont and February we'll be in Sebring at Highland Wheel Estates. Nothing is set for March yet but we want to go to the Rally in Seffner. We're hoping to find something once we're in Sebring but I'll keep browsing and see what pops up. Maybe we'll be able to snag a spot in a state park... We'll have to plan a get together when we're near you.

Ray LeTourneau

Ok, Guess I have to say it. "Where's Waldo". LOL
Been there, done that, and going to do it again.

Jim
I'd say as the crow flew. about 50 miles due west of St. Augustine. I don't think there's much happening there but it's a cheap place to park for a month before the cooler weather sets in.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Nothing happening there, except the Flea Market and it is a world famous Speed Trap.
That may be a good time to catch up on doing nothing. Since we returned from TX this spring it seems I really haven't stopped to smell the flowers. Always some little project or honey do happening. I know once we hit Clermont we'll be playing tourist. The money I save doing nothing will be needed then.:rolleyes:

WilmanJim

Ray,
Been in Waldo many times, just had to be a smart _ _ _ and ask, "Where's Waldo". My sister lives in East Gainesville. Waldo is a little speed trap town as is 301. Never stopped myself but seen many pulled over going through.

floridarandy

We're back after 8 enjoyable days on the road. Part 2 of the trip took us west from St. Augustine through the center of the state to O'Leno State Park. Using it as a base we tubed Itchetucknee Springs at Itchetucknee Springs State Park and canoed the Santa Fe River. Lots of fun. More pics posted on our blog.

Brief video while tubing can be seen at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKWvhwBPMLI

Attachments

• 28 On the River.jpg
    28 On the River.jpg
    808.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 35 Karen Happy in the Tube.jpg
    35 Karen Happy in the Tube.jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 34 Randy Happy in the Tube.jpg
    34 Randy Happy in the Tube.jpg
    752.4 KB · Views: 4