Boat rack on a Cyclone 3010

tooty

Has anyone put a boat rack on their cyclone 3010.I just have a 10' ft johnboat and I just want to throw it up on top at the back.Doesn't weigh much and I just don't want it hanging over the cab on the truck.Just don't,so don't try to change my mind.Ok,my truck is just to purdy to mess with.:)The boat just won't fit inside by about 2 inches with out banging in everything,so out it goes.I installed a factory rack on our 2004 northern lite camper,worked great.Now I wouldn't mind seeing if anyone has a rack on the rv.

jimtoo

Hi Tooty,

You might think about how tall your gonna be...Specs show12' 11",,,, you can't add to much to that. That should be to top of a/c,, so you need to do some measuring.

Jim M

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Building something to carry my boat is my winter project. I have a two-man Bass Pro Shops fishing boat that we want to carry with us. My idea is to get two of those bolt recevers that bolt to the bumper and build a frame that will hold the boat that will slide in and out of them. The platform and frame plans that are floating around in my mind resemble the plywood carts that you see at Lowes/Home Depot that you stand 4x8 sheets up in. Weld something like that up out of light tubing to drop the boat in and use ratchet straps to secure. It is a 6' boat and will have to ride on its end because of the ladder, On it's side it will cover the L.H. tail light assembly. If it works out then have it powder coated. Trolling motor and seats can go in the basement and the battery in the back of the truck.

rustyshakelford

Do the four wheelers fit side by side or inline? If you had a sliding glass door, I would build a brace that would secure it on it's side and leave the glass door opening open giving you plenty of room. I have a 10' Jon boat and there's no way I'd put it on the roof. It would bang and slam all the way up and they are pretty heavy also.

Brett

I'd build a bracket off the garage door that would hold it standing up before I put it on the roof. That's my .02

tooty

Hi Tooty,

You might think about how tall your gonna be...Specs show12' 11",,,, you can't add to much to that. That should be to top of a/c,, so you need to do some measuring.

Jim M
I'm going to do a mockup and see where it's going to sit.The way it looks so far because the boat going to be at the back is lower than the ac.Or pretty darn close.I don't want to be the one that clips an overpass and have a nice trucker hand me a flat tinboat.:eek:

tooty

Do the four wheelers fit side by side or inline? If you had a sliding glass door, I would build a brace that would secure it on it's side and leave the glass door opening open giving you plenty of room. I have a 10' Jon boat and there's no way I'd put it on the roof. It would bang and slam all the way up and they are pretty heavy also.

Brett

I'd build a bracket off the garage door that would hold it standing up before I put it on the roof. That's my .02
I hear ya.We sipped a few sodas thinking about this and that.The toys fit side by side,it just won't fit inside were it would of been the simplest,and we tried every which way.I'm going to look at the rack off the back option as well .The old buzzards nest just might just get a little longer.Love TX. by the way.My boy worked down there a bit.