Can't find a 300C or 30C anywhere close :(

CrazyCooter

The wife and I have all be settled on the Cyclone 300C. Not one dealer I can find within a 500 mile radius has one to look at. I'm expecting to have to order one anyway as we don't want all the options the dealers tend to spec. I don't want to order sight unseen though.......

Does anybody know where we could find one of these model to look at? Anyone have one they could show us?

Tony

CrazyCooter

Have you given Pan Pacific RV a call?

Peace
Dave

Yep, spoke Sacramento, and French Camp locations this morning. See Grins, RV Outlet in Fresno, and a few more I can't remember right now.....my head hurts from all this trying! Sierra in Reno didn't show any in stock on the web, but will call them as well.

Going to look at the Fuzion, Raptor, and XLR this weekend since we have all those dealers in town. Not expecting to be excited....

71stang99

Being from southern NV I ended up buying a unit from Ohio and just picked it up in Omaha a week or so ago unseen other that pictures. Pricing was a huge motivation for me as it would have been 5k or so more if I bought it here based on other prices and the hassle to deal with the local dealers. BTW that I have had a week to spend some time with the trailer its all working out well. A very nice trailer from all the unsolicited comments that I have received. Both inside and outside of the trailer.

DC10-FE

Yep, spoke Sacramento, and French Camp locations this morning. See Grins, RV Outlet in Fresno, and a few more I can't remember right now.....my head hurts from all this trying! Sierra in Reno didn't show any in stock on the web, but will call them as well.

Going to look at the Fuzion, Raptor, and XLR this weekend since we have all those dealers in town. Not expecting to be excited....

You might want to try Pan Pacific in Roseville. Although I bought my 3010 at the French Camp store, I now use the Roseville store for any servicing that's beyond my capabilities or tool selection. There is also a Grins as well as another Pan Pacific down in Gilroy. Not sure where you're located in CA, but you'll find that there are not many Heartland dealers around here, like I did.

I looked at the Raptor and Fuzion as well. Both were nice units, but just couldn't compare to the Cyclone. Good luck.

CrazyCooter

Well, called everyone I can find within reasonable traveling distance considering nobody is going to have THE unit I want to purchase......nothing to look at.:confused: May have to skip the Heartland? Dealers say the units aren't moving and they aren't ordering any more till they move....... I'm not buying till I see one! LOL!

We did go to every dealer in town today and saw a bunch of stuff we didn't like and few few brands we liked, just not one model short enough. I guess everyone buys 39'+ 5th wheels? The local dealers are willing to call a few customers with units we are interested in to possibly show them to us. Then we could just order what we want and everybody wins!:cool:

Raptor and Fuzion are in the race with the Cyclone. If we can't find a Cyclone to look at soon, it will be the looser.......

I just can't believe we can't find one dealer in 500 miles who has anything.......

porthole

Retired
Raptor and Fuzion are in the race with the Cyclone. If we can't find a Cyclone to look at soon, it will be the looser.......

Won't be the Cyclone that loses..................

If you are really serious and must see the trailer (I would) then I would suggest you fly out to Elkhart (South Bend Airport), rent a car and look at all the toy hauler manufacturers.

They are all within a 10 mile circle. Call in advance, make appointments for private tours and save the Cyclone for last, because after seeing it you will make your decision.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One other thing you could do is call Heartland and ask for the Cyclone Brand Manager. He will know what the inventory is thoughout the country. He would be able to tell you where the closest one to you would be.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that by sometime Monday you should get a reply from the factory on this thread. They'll probably tell you to call the person cookie is referring to. I don't disagree with your desire to see a unit before plunking down your hard earned dollars either. as Duane mentioned take a little vacation to Elkhart. Because your spending a large amount of money, you shouldn't compromise.

CrazyCooter

I welcome help from the factory in locating something. I have called every dealer I can find in three states within a reasonable driving distance.

Touring the factory would be awesome, but not in the cards for us right now. Just not enough time off to get out there.

Compromising is something we have done on just about everything, usually due to cost. Luckily, we have been in a position to get what we really want this these days.

We have a big trip coming in October and whatever we end up buying will require lots of retrofits and equipment installation before using it, so I think it is best to get one ordered soon!

jbeletti

CrazyCooter,

Please call the factory (574-262-5992) on Monday and ask for Cyclone sales. Let them discuss dealer inventory with you in the area you can travel to.

Jim

CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter,

Please call the factory (574-262-5992) on Monday and ask for Cyclone sales. Let them discuss dealer inventory with you in the area you can travel to.

Jim

Will do.

Maybe someone this time will be able to help in the search.

I'm out of options other than driving over 1000+ miles round trip or flying to the factory...neither are very kind to my schedule. I have a list of dealers and contacts a page long now with no luck.:eek:

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Just wanted to see if you ever got a chance to call in? What area of the country are you from?

CrazyCooter

I didn't have to call Heartland. I found both RW30C and RW3010's at a dealer about 250 miles south of us Sunday afternoon. Were taking a "Camping" trip to the city this weekend and looking at a few brands that are not available to us to look at up here in Northern CA.

Financing is lined up........

Getting so close I can taste it!

CrazyCooter

Well, 723 miles of totally trashed CA highways........and we have a winner! The Cyclone 300C.......

I was worried of what would break first, my back from the beating we took in the truck, or the trailer! Glad I installed the EZ Flex years back, cause those roads are worse than any NV gravel back country highway we have driven on!

Luckily, I remembered this morning that I had never aired the 16 ply tires and air bags down after my heavily loaded trip two weekends back. That made it bearable again.

The dealer down in San Martin, See Grins, super nice people and had a very unique facility. They had it layed out like I would do my back yard.....pavers, small ponds, and lots of little bushes with shade everywhere. Could have stayed and had a picnic.....

Our more local dealer, who will remain nameless, was a disappointment. We went out of our way 40 miles on the way home to meet the salesman I had communicated quite a bit by phone and email. He was too busy, so we picked out someone else. Then then the order sheet they had was from pre-titanium Cyclones. What was that...like 1.5 years ago? This guy didn't even know what I talking about.......300C what? No...you really mean the 3010.....bla bla bla....I hate educating people on their job......:confused:

Spent a 2-3 hours in a Raptor 300MP. Nice coach, but the floor plan just didn't do it for me. Fit and finish looked better than average compared to the other 20+ units we have walked through in the last 2 weeks. I would have bought it if we never saw the 300C though.....

The RW 30C we saw at See Grins was an early production model, so no storage in the basement. Hoping the newer one will be just enough to be tolerable, because the floor plan is SO roomy and like home.....:cool:

Now a just gotta get the nads to pull the trigger.....:D

Tony

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Tony, good to here you liked what you saw. Your statement about the ride. I would look into a cushioned pinbox. Heavy trailers can beat you up with the fore and aft movement.

CrazyCooter

Yep, pin box is on the list. Figured we would tow it a bit and see how it goes. Then I would know if I just need something like the Mor-Ryde for chucking or maybe the Tri-glide for both up and down/for and aft.

Starting to think the desert back roads are safer than the interstates! Luckily the roads up north here are very nice.

The wife learned this weekend that we really have nothing to complain about up here in Redding. The Roads, graffiti, crime, population, and many other aspects leave something to be desired.