Ordering parts at my Dealer

BluegrassMan

Hi Heartland:

I have tried TWICE to order those chrome caps that snap in the holes of the hub covers. Keystone RV center in Pa. got word from your company that "they" needed to take a picture of what they are ordering and send it to you. Come on, EVERYONE knows what the caps are that cover the lube fitting on the hub. I went out on the lot and saw at least 4 Bighorns and 4 Landmarks with these very same caps on them.

Aren' the caps a universal part? ( they seem to be ) It's pretty bad that I can't get a little part that is that common. Keystone even had me give them my Vin #, because they were told on the phone by Heartland that it was needed to process orders.

Can SOMEONE address this, I want my parts, my trailer looks junky with caps missing.:confused:

Tom of Ypsi

Denny,

I always thought the caps were universal also but there are two different sizes so this may be some of the problem Heartland is having.

Can you tell us what the problem is with the caps besides they are now missing? Did they break on you while trying to remove them?

BluegrassMan

Tom:
Actually it was shoddy workmanship when the axle company put the hubs and dust caps on. I looked down one day and the cap was gone, the dust cap inside was rolling around the stainless center cap. This popped the cover out and on the road, I had to jack the trailer up, pull the wheel off and pound lightly the dust cap back on then re-install. A real Pain in the A## just for that little job. I've been almost a year fooling around with this, off and on, I wanted one and a spare just in case. I don't think I'm asking for too much out of Heartland. I don't want FREE ones either I want to buy them.

mufflerman

Denny
it took Heartland over a year to get me a wheel that matched, my unit was shipped with 5 matching wheels and one odd ball. even after dealer took pics heartland sent at least three wrong (that I saw), then dealer took one off a inventory unit to match, I can relate to pain in the A**.
Good luck to ya,

BluegrassMan

Mufflerman:
If I was the stealing type, which I'm NOT, I could have used my pocket knife months ago and got a couple. It ticks me off that I see them on the lot, both Bighorns and Landmarks and can't buy a couple.

Cooper

Try marker lights, I ordered 2, two and half months ago still no lights. My dealer says they can not find where they even ordered them. And now I need to bring a light in for them to see. Its on a Golden Gate I love my dealer #$%^.

Uncle Rog

Try Tredit Tire /Arlington tx / for wheels / accessories . Deborah Duncan
817-465-6846 or dduncan@treditire.com. I replace my stk wheel for $72 after I tore one up going into Furnace Creek. Seems like they supply a lot of rv manufacturers............UR

Scott

OK - I am about to dive into this... first of all, experience tells me to ask the dealer for their Parts Order Confirmation before you believe that the actually ordered the parts - because Heartland sends back Confirmations with every parts ordered received. We started doing this about a year ago just because of all the times dealers through us under the bus when they had never really ordered the parts.
Regarding the request for pictures - believe it or not - that is one of my rules of thumb, that whenever possible, we like the dealer to snap a quick digital shot of the part and email to us to ensure that we are talking about the same things. For most dealers, it's a normal part of business. With some who don't even have a computer, they make a big deal out of it. You'd be amazed at how fast parts can change on coaches here in Elkhart Country. A supplier that is here one week can be gone the next. A part that has been used for months or years, can suddenly become unavailable, forcing us to switch to the next closest match.
On the hub "caps" - the different axle manufacturers have different cap sizes. They look similar, but they are slightly different in size.
All that being said, if our guys (Heartland) dropped the ball on this, I apologize. A picture after we send the wrong parts is something that we almost demand out of the dealer because we don't want to send the wrong parts twice. Does it happen? Yes, but only about .005% of the time.
To bring a quick end to any apparent oversight by Heartland's Customer Service Dept. - call David Partin, the Director of Customer Service, at 574.262.8030 and he will make sure that something happens for you.
ST

BluegrassMan

Hi Scott:
Thank You for adding your thoughts and policys. We as customers are not privy to the ways that things go on the other side of the fence. Keystone was told that the "whole hup cap" assembly was sold as one. My stainless steel cups are fine, I need the cover cap. The first time I ordered, they took my VIN #, to insure we were talking apples to apples. Never got them, this time # + picture. I hope the new caps are the same size as my 05', a picture may look the same, how about the measurement. The parts guy said will a Teton cap work for you ? we have bunches of them. I said no, they're black not chrome, I want chrome. Right now I have West Virginia chrome on it (Duct Tape) !!!!