The New Tow Vehicle for the Key Largo

mmomega

AnyTimer
Just got back home a couple hours ago from the dealership. We headed out for lunch and ended up picking up a new addition.

2011 F350 4x4 Dually Lariat. Already has spray-in bed liner and fifth wheel prep package installed. Loving those air conditioned seats.

Just need to pick up the Reese Elite hitch and she's ready to hook up to the trailer.

web.jpg

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Re: The New TowVehicle for the Key Largo

Very nice JD, you're gonna love it!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Very nice! I am really kicking myself in the butt right now since I just bought a new 2010 F350 just before we purchased ours. But oh well there's room for an upgrade now. :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Nice truck. We really need to keep buying these trucks cause it helps our economy.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Great looking truck! Where'd you get it?

truknutt

Committed Member

Nice truck. We really need to keep buying these trucks cause it helps our economy.

...and it really helps my stock portfolio!!! BUY BLUE!!!

That's a really purty truck, JD. Can't wait to see the pic when it's hooked up and ready for action.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

Not sure if this is the place to mention this but right off the bat I started seeing rock chips on my rear fenders. I visited with a local body shop about options. Long story short I settled on the "invisible" bra. It is a spray on not film application. They will be removing the rear fenders and Appling the bra to the entire fender so there is no visible line. Cost is $450.00. Could go the masking and just do the front of the fenders for $300.00 but I think I'll be happier this way. If there is any interest let me know and I'll post results. BTW Nice truck.

mmomega

AnyTimer

Great looking truck! Where'd you get it?

Picked it up from Randall Noe Ford in Terrell. It's a little drive from DFW but they have a small town feel and good prices so you don't have to deal with most of the games, this is the 3rd vehicle we've bought from them and the 2nd Super Duty.

Definitely the best truck I've ever owned. We drove the new GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali and liked it as well, great truck but my blood runs blue. The two were so close in comparison in really comes down to personally preference at this point.

mmomega

AnyTimer

Not sure if this is the place to mention this but right off the bat I started seeing rock chips on my rear fenders. I visited with a local body shop about options. Long story short I settled on the "invisible" bra. It is a spray on not film application. They will be removing the rear fenders and Appling the bra to the entire fender so there is no visible line. Cost is $450.00. Could go the masking and just do the front of the fenders for $300.00 but I think I'll be happier this way. If there is any interest let me know and I'll post results. BTW Nice truck.

That is definitely something I will keep in mind Dave, appreciate the info. This is the first dually I've owned hoping it will last for a few years :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Oh my! Weird, I thought the background looked familiar. We live in Terrell!!

Glad they treated you right. They've been in business a looong time. Nice to know they know their "new" trucks.... Their used car/truck dept was no help when we were looking.

Congrats again!

E

mmomega

AnyTimer

I have been researching the new super dutys since they were announced at the Texas State Fair in '09. I knew more about the truck than any of the salesmen so I knew exactly what I wanted and exactly what I was getting so they didn't have to do much to talk me into it :) and thanks, we actually got talked into a dually by Tom & Marti at our last Heartland rally and they got talked into the Key Largo. Guess we're even. :D

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

At least everybody's happy!

mmomega

AnyTimer

After the first "long" tow with the new truck all I can say is ....wow.

My 6.0L tuned shorted can't even be put into the same class as this new one it was that huge of a difference. The stability of the DRW's the softer ride, the downright pulling power almost actually made me drop my jaws when going up some hills. It was a very exciting trip for the driver this time.

Finally I felt more in control of the rig than the rig being in control. Stress gone. Time to really start enjoying traveling more.

Rodbuster

mmomega...Congratulations on your new rig.

I don't want to steal your thread, but just want to mention that I have the same "exact" rig (even the color) including the new Key Largo. It's my first dually and also my first RV so I can't really critique any performance issues. I will say this, I'm having some brake issues with the Key Largo (hopefully resolved tomorrow) but the truck has really impressed me with all the power. Really a great truck.

Good luck to you and may you enjoy your rig very much.
Rodbuster

rustyshakelford

After the first "long" tow with the new truck all I can say is ....wow.

My 6.0L tuned shorted can't even be put into the same class as this new one it was that huge of a difference. The stability of the DRW's the softer ride, the downright pulling power almost actually made me drop my jaws when going up some hills. It was a very exciting trip for the driver this time.

Finally I felt more in control of the rig than the rig being in control. Stress gone. Time to really start enjoying traveling more.

i agree with you. i didnt think there would be such a difference between a 2500 and dually but it is a huge improvement! I can sit back and relax some while were crusining down the road now!

brett

brett

porthole

Retired

Ditto with Brett.

While at the Goshen rally myself and SpringerDan on the site here had new rear spring hangers added to the 350 and 450.
Really helped tame the unloaded ride a bit on the rear axle.