Easyflex question

sdrubrecht

We put the Dexter easyflex on 5 months ago. The rubber bisquits are cracked. I will check with Dexter Monday. Does this look right to you guys?

Attachments

• New clone stuff 010e.jpg
    New clone stuff 010e.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 285

SilverRhino

I've been looking at making this mod to our BC......Will be very interested in what you learn when you talk to Dexter.

This seemed like an affordable mod to the suspension.....one concern I had was the life of the rubber, living in West Texas. Please keep us posted!

Travel Safe!

CrazyCooter

I'm just seeing cracks like that in mine, but I installed them 4 years ago.

Yours look to be loaded or squished more than mine as well. That could be the difference?

sdrubrecht

Apparently Dexter got a bad run of rubber. They are sending me new equalizers, no problem or hassle. Wish lippert had been this easy to deal with. Checked on RV.net and found a few others with the same issue, all got satisfaction from Dexter. I did like the change and could notice an improvement. CrazyCooter, they didn't look squished when we first installed, but they went downhill fast. Glad Dexter is stepping up.

CrazyCooter

Awesome!

That's great they made it so easy for you.....That's all I ask from a manufacturer.......just own it and step up.

SilverRhino

Apparently Dexter got a bad run of rubber. They are sending me new equalizers, no problem or hassle. Wish lippert had been this easy to deal with. Checked on RV.net and found a few others with the same issue, all got satisfaction from Dexter. I did like the change and could notice an improvement. CrazyCooter, they didn't look squished when we first installed, but they went downhill fast. Glad Dexter is stepping up.

Glad to hear that Dexter is treating you right. I will definitely take your experience into consideration when making my decision.......Thanks for the follow-up.

Travel Safe!

TwoGypsies

I attempted to grease my Easyflex suspension and found that I had no room to get a grease gun on any of the grease nipples. I went to a couple of well-equipped stores and could not find a grease gun fitting that would be short enough to get in there. It appears they can't be greased without jacking up the trailer so that all wheels are off the ground...maybe. Otherwise, it's a partial disassembly.
Has anybody found a grease gun or other technique to apply grease to this system?
Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I don't have trouble greasing mine, but that don't help you.
Have you tried getting a 90* elbow for your grease gun? Such as something like THIS.
You should be able to get one at NAPA.

Peace
Dave

TwoGypsies

Thanks Cookie,

This will absolutely work. I tried a Princess Auto (sitting up in Ontario right now) and a local hardware store with a long history of serving the oil fields. I'll hunt one of these fittings down at NAPA.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
My biscuits look exactly like the OP. I had planned on calling Dexter soon, as they are only 6 months old.
Glad to hear they're customer service is good. Trace

TwoGypsies

Well, I don't have trouble greasing mine, but that don't help you.
Have you tried getting a 90* elbow for your grease gun? Such as something like THIS.
You should be able to get one at NAPA.

Peace
Dave

I found the exact fitting you referenced and was able to grease 6 of the 8 fittings. The present position of the parts blocked me from 2 of them. I'll be pulling down I-69 through Michigan in late October so that should move things around a bit.
Thanks again!

davelinde

This weekend I had a pair of my shackle links pull out, so I'm in the market to upgrade my suspension before the rest of it fails.
For those who did it - how did you match up the right Dexter kit? Is axle spacing enough to get all the right parts?

bggrndodge

This is an old thread but I just did mine on my 2011 3010 and dexter was great to deal with, they even offered to pay me to do it as if I took it somewhere. since I do live on an island in Alaska we don't exactly have a dealer near. Great customer service, and it only took 30 mins to do.

We have a '11 3612 that the rubber buscuits were cracked so I called Dexter with axle information in hand and they sent me a whole new EZ Flex kit. Dexter was a pleasure to deal with and now I'm wondering how difficult they are to install. I'm mechanically inclined but just wondering how hard they are to install. I have read the instructions several times but was wondering if you really have to remove the axles like they say. I thought you would do just one side at a time but am I wrong? Any help in this matter is appreciated.

sdrubrecht

One side at a time is how I did mine. No problem at all. I left it hitched to the truck so as to not stress the landing gear. I have good jacks and jackstands, just be safe, thats a lot of weight.

Lynn1130

Someone mentioned here that there are six or eight zerks on the EasyFlex. I can only find two to a side on mine. Am I missing something?

Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There will be only two Zercs on each side, unless you have the wet bolts installed.

Peace
Dave