New unit - 2012 options - pluses and minuses

dalspot

We just took possession of our 2012 Sundance 3300QS on Friday.

There have been a few design changes, some we liked, some we didn't.

LOVE the new counter tops. We also special ordered the wall border behind the stove - didn't care for the new wider design that looks like a compass. We wanted the Saddle decor, which is to be discontinued, and the folks at Heartland made sure we got it.

LOVE the slam baggage doors! Wish tho that the front compartment also had them - might not be possible due to the angle of the door.

The new graphics are really eye-catching.

I have to say tho, I am disappointed that the Dimplex fireplace has been replaced by another brand. I own two Dimplex fireplaces at home, and they are great!

The 2012 Euro chairs are really nice!

The small TV shelf in the bedroom is gone, but there is a wider dresser. We have no plans for a TV in there, so we don't miss the shelf, but really like the dresser.

And the last comment, the all-black ceiling fan looks a bit out of place.

All-in-all, we love our new Sundance. Hated to come home from the campground down the street today!

OH - and be very careful of the edge of the diamond plate on the rear bumper! Hubby cut his arm on it as he was reaching for the electrical cable to plug it in. Took a trip to the ER and 6 stitches to fix it. Thankfully, he had his hand facing down!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
dalspot, good to hear the feedback on your Sundance. Only 6 stitches? Were you out of duct tape??;);):angel:

dalspot

dalspot, good to hear the feedback on your Sundance. Only 6 stitches? Were you out of duct tape??;);):angel:

LOL we forgot to pack the duct tape, and he wouldn't let me use the vice grips.

It was just a bizarre accident. I shudder to think tho what would have happened if his hand had been turned 45 degrees.... :eek:

LilGTO71

Tom and Karen, congratulations on your new 3300QS. We've certainly had fun in ours and I'm sure you will also. Now, Tom, whats the first thing you're gonna buy at the store?????

dalspot

Well, we've been collecting things for almost a year to equip our rig, so fortunately the shopping has just been for small things here and there. Can't wait to get to our first rally and see what everyone else has bought, upgraded, changed! So far, we've added decals to those horrid closet door mirrors and a battery shut-off switch. We've got a Fantastic Fan to get installed in the bedroom next.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
LOL we forgot to pack the duct tape, and he wouldn't let me use the vice grips.

It was just a bizarre accident. I shudder to think tho what would have happened if his hand had been turned 45 degrees.... :eek:

HA! Just caught this. ROTFLMAO!!!:D:D