We're Back in Wisconsin

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We made it back to Coloma, WI. just in time for Winter to rear it's ugly head. Since we've been back (April 3rd), the overnight temps have not been above freezing, the water in our campground is still off and we've been toting water in 5 ga. containers, the c'ground owner just had back surgery so no telling when the water will be on. On top of all that, we now have 6" of fresh snow on the ground.
We had a fitting on the fresh water tank freeze up so we now have a lamp in the area that houses all the piping behind the wall. It's thawed out now but for a while we were sucking water from a container through the winterizing hose. It's been a blast. The closest we've been to roughing it in a long time.
On the bright side the temps are expected to get better day by day so hopefully we'll have the water on by Monday. No problems with anything on the unit all winter long, tires included and we hit some pretty crappy roads on the trip. We plan on returning to Corpus Christi next year. We had a great time and loved everything about the RV Park we were at. Colonia Del Rey.
SEE YOU AT THE RALLY!!!

JJAK17

Welcome back to Wisconsin, you are just in time for our second season, road construction.
We are only a short drive from you east on hwy 21. We go thru Coloma about once every month or two.

JJAK17

Jim Beletti said:
Hey Ray,

If you need any help or parts, call my friend Danny Lange from Danny's Campers out of Coloma and their new store to the south (in the geodesic dome) in Westfeld.

Jim

What a small world. Many years ago Danny helped us out before a trip out west. We had a small issue and he got us on our way. At the time he owned another dealership near Wisconsin Dells, does he still own that?

jbeletti

I don't think Danny has a shop near the Dell's anymore. I bought my first trailer (a TrailManor 3023) from him in December of 2003. He was in Coloma at the time.

I know he bought that dealership from someone else. Maybe prior to that he had the shop near the Dells you mentioned.

Anyway, yeah, he's the nicest guy and while he does not sell Heartlands, he knows RVs and I am sure he's help anyone out that he could.

I am betting Ray knows him too.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Danny still lives at the shop here in Coloma. I haven't seen him since our return but I know from the vehicles that it's him. He leaves early in the morning before I'm out of bed and usually doesn't return till late evening. He's out plowing right now. Our site is the last in the front row and next to the fence between the campground and Danny's. We met last fall before we headed south and he's quite knowledgable and friendly. When I see him, I'll say Hi for you Jim.

JJAK17

Jim

It has been several years that I knew he owned that dealership, I wanst sure if he still owned it. That dealership was actually in Lyndon Station (just outside the Dells).

Are you origianlly from Wisconsin? How did you come to buy a unit from Coloma Wisconsin? Just wondering.

Jason