Wall covering in dinette slide

We just noticed that the wall covering is pulling off and away from the molding on the corner in the dinette slide. It is the side where the window is? Has this ever happened to anyone? How did you fix it? Just curious about what would cause that?
I believe ours is still under warranty so will take it back to the dealer.
Thanks for any advice on how to fix or what else to look for.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've never heard of the wall covering doing what you described. I have seen the border start to peel. Is there any moisture present? Hopefully your dealer will make it right.

ncc1701e

Guys, I hope it does not look any thing like this. This happened to our 2011 Sundance. This was the corner at the living room section of the slide.
Damage Slide Living Corner 2.JPG T

Attachments

• DSC02313.jpg
    DSC02313.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 46

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yes, it does happen. Ours started to delaminate at the fascia trim during the first season. Reason is no adhesive and trying to rely on brads driven into styrofoam (missed the wood border). I used a heavy application of Liquid Nails (get the one for MDF) in as far as the nozzle tip could reach and some clamps to reattach it. Been good since.

ParkIt

Had one small section at the bottom of the stairs by the pantry delaminate when it arrived, used liquid nails, bought a new tube prior to delivery knowing I'd probably find some delam somewhere. Lucky it was just a small spot.
It isn't entirely uncommon for a seam or corner to delaminate - if you know how and what these are constructed of it wouldn't surprise you at all (its not a stick built house so there has to be some sacrifices in materials).

No, ours does not look like that. It is just pulling away from the wall. I think liquid nails is a good idea, especially after the warranty runs out.
I hope you were able to get yours fixed.

Happy Trails! Ann & Steve