MPG Question: Anyone mount a TV in their MPG?

marc515

We just got our MPG-181 and would like to know if any of you guys have mounted a TV in your MPG.

I'm thinking a swivel mount would be the best so it could be viewed from the dinette or bed.

Please let us know what you've been done.

Thank you!

MPG185-GA

Hey MARC515, we have the 185 and I mounted the TV with the swivel mount. I attached the mount to the studs of the bathroom corner wall. It can be viewed from the rear of the trailer or swivel around and be seen from the kitchen area. It has worked out well so far.

marc515

MPG185-GA,

What make/model TV and Mount did you get?

How did you know where the studs were exactly?

Can you post/send me a picture?

scott2257

We have the 180 and I mounted a swivel mount and 19" LCD. I bought both from HHGreg. I took the microwave out and put in a 2x4 for mounting support, I could probably hang on it without it moving. I take the four screws out and take the tv off during travel. works great!

ryanman

Hey marc515. We just bought a 181 and I want to hang a TV as well. I called the factory yesterday and they told me that the structure is located 9.5 inches from the slide out and 13.75 inches from the slide out. This measurement is on the street side behind the slide out, above the radio/dvd player. As of right now I have not started to hang the TV or look for the structure, but I will let you know when I do. They said that the structure located at these two measurements is 2 inches wide on center of the measurements. I am guessing at this point that the structure is metal studs.

Did you ever get your TV hung? If so, how did it go? Any pictures?

I am going to pull out the micro and see what structure is there or can be added as well.

marc515

Hey marc515. We just bought a 181 and I want to hang a TV as well. I called the factory yesterday and they told me that the structure is located 9.5 inches from the slide out and 13.75 inches from the slide out. This measurement is on the street side behind the slide out, above the radio/dvd player. As of right now I have not started to hang the TV or look for the structure, but I will let you know when I do. They said that the structure located at these two measurements is 2 inches wide on center of the measurements. I am guessing at this point that the structure is metal studs.

Did you ever get your TV hung? If so, how did it go? Any pictures?

I am going to pull out the micro and see what structure is there or can be added as well.

Ryanman,.....have not gotten around to it yet. Please keep me posted on what you end up doing. Thank you!!

ryanman

I am going to order a swing arm mount...everything is expensive here in town. When I get it I will take some pictures as I go. I did some snooping around today looking for structure and the measurements the factory gave me are a bit off, but no too far. So far I pulled the radio out and drilled a few holes looking for the structure, which will be hidden when the radio goes back in. I am also going to re-route the wires behind the radio and clean it up a bit.

I will take pictures...give me a few weeks. I work odd shifts and hours so it could be weeks before I get back to it...but it is snowing anyway.

I did pull the micro and there is not a lot of meat to add structure to and I think it could be a headache with the slide and the wires, so I scratched that idea.