MPG Question: Where can I get touch up paint for the MPG Silver Frame?

marc515

MPG Question: Where can I get touch up paint for the MPG Platnum Frame?

Where can I get touch up paint for the MPG Platnum Frame?

Kind of wished it was a regular black frame- simple to touch up.

Thank you

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Re: MPG Question: Where can I get touch up paint for the MPG Platnum Frame?

www.oreillyauto.com/ O'Reilly's sells touch up paint. They have to order it for your custom color. They can match paint for a car, they should be able to do an RV.

marc515

Thanks; HOOAH.

Was hoping that other MPG owners have plowed this ground and found a good source VS having to have it matched etc.

marc515

Here's Heartland's response to an email I sent them:
"Most customers purchase touch up paint for any RV through the local auto parts stores. Most stores carry a variety of colors in aerosol that will be very close to the color of the unit. Heartland does not handle touch up paint for the units. All of the RV frames come painted from our frame supplier Lippert Components. "

I am getting more discouraged with Heartlands support or lack of.

So does anyone have a good paint number and source?

Thank you

Last edited:

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!

They told you the truth. Lippert builds and paints the frames before they are delivered to Heartland and every other manufacturer that uses their frames.

Have you tried contacting Lippert? It's quite possible they could give you the paint code so you can get some mixed up at a local autobody paint supplier.

If they can't, take off the tounge jack or a stabilizer, or whatever can be safely removed, that is the same color as the frame and take it to a local automotive paint supplier that can computer match it and mix up some touch up paint.

marc515

Understand they told me the truth. Just find it a little disappointing that Heartland hasn't taken the initiative to get a paint code number to pass along to customers.

I will try Lippert.

Thank you

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

Another option is if your can get a pice of the paint chipped off? Sherwin-Williams, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc can scan and match the paint. Along with that they may be able to give you a code.

marc515

I'm begining to dislike Heartland more and more. I got ahold of them, and they do not have touch up paint, and passed me off to Lippert who makes the frames for them. Lipperts response: "Sorry, Lippert cannot sell can of spray paint to any dealer, service center or customer. Suggestion would be to take RV to a body shop and see if they can match paint up to frame and provide the information to you."

Simply amazing that Heartland has a frame painted platnium/silver and doesn't provide a source for touch up paint, therby forcing their customers to go and have it matched up.

Am I the only one who has scratches in their frame?

If anyone has plowed the paint matching, I and I'm sure others would appreciate a paint number and source.

Thank you

GOTTOYS

Re: ATF: MPG - Touch Up Paint- Platnum Frame

If it's for the front of the frame, why not just sand and mask the whole thing which will take a bout 1/2 hour and paint it with an automotive spray can in a color that looks close and be done with it. It's going to get lots of rock chips over the years and you'll end up doing this anyway. Or go buy a few spray cans in a similar color and use the one that comes closest to matching. I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Lippert most likely buys the paint in 55 gal. drums, not spray cans. They buy it from whoever gives them the best price. Pretty good chance the color varies a little for each batch. They don't have any spray cans or touch up bottles......Don

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Re: ATF: MPG - Touch Up Paint- Platnum Frame

If you are that interested in getting touch up paint in spray cans check by a Sherwin Williams paint store. They can match any color and put it in spray cans. The only catch is you have to buy a case of 24 for $250.00. But it will last you.