Great customer service

bighorn3370

This weekend, I installed my Progressive 50 amp surge protector. In the processes, I ripped off the end of the data cable for the remote display. Today, I called Progressive to order a new one, and they sending me one for free. They did not question it. Now that is customer service. Erine

GOTTOYS

Re: Great cusotmer service

That's good to hear. I've been planning on getting one of those myself...Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Good to know that they replaced it free, but it is possible to repair it with the crimp tool and fittings available at Home Depot for phone and data lines should the need arise. I picked up the tool kit to make up a longer data cable for my converter's Charge Wizard display. The one it came with was way too short for where I had the converter mounted.

bighorn3370

I do not see why it couldn't be fixed. I could not find the end, and you would need to know where the wires go. I read that the data cable is not the same as a phoneline, but it looks like one to me. I had figured that it would not be very expensive, so I would just replace it. -Ernie

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

When I installed my EMS the cable was too short. Mine was a just an ordinary phone cable, not a data cable.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Both the EMS display and the Charge Wizard are simply phone cables. The connectors on the Charge Wizard are similar to handset connectors, not the standard phone line ones. The EMS cable is long enough to almost run it to the back of the trailer, but the Charge Wizard was only about 6 feet long. That's the one I used a longer phone cable for and put my own connectors on. There's only four colored wires and it's simple to align them.