Big Horn 3185 Bedroom Shades

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We just picked up our new BH 3185 this weekend and as we were organizing our stuff my DW noticed that the shades in the bedroom are not day/night style shades just privacy or night shades. Is this standard or should we contact Heartland. DW would like day/night in bedroom.:confused:

bighorn3370

On my 2008 BH, they are the same as yours. I know that I cannot see in the windows when standing on the ground. I hope this helps you. Ernie

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I explained the same thing to wife in an attempt to satisfy her concern but...... You get the rest right?

Side question: Do you have a headboard? Mr. Katzman has stated previously that headboards are in 3185s and I just haven't seen that. Either way I guess I'll find out in a week or so since our unit just reached the dealer.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We just picked up our new BH 3185 this weekend and as we were organizing our stuff my DW noticed that the shades in the bedroom are not day/night style shades just privacy or night shades. Is this standard or should we contact Heartland. DW would like day/night in bedroom.:confused:

There were only privacy shades in both of our Bighorn's and it was the same in a previous SOB!

Side question: Do you have a headboard? Mr. Katzman has stated previously that headboards are in 3185s and I just haven't seen that. Either way I guess I'll find out in a week or so since our unit just reached the dealer.

We do not have a headboard in our 3185. It would be nice if we did but with some creative decorating you can overcome a lot of things!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
No day/night in the slide windows, but the large window over the dresser is a day/night. Standing on the ground, you really can't see anything inside, even with the shade up. I figure if anybody can see me through the side windows, they deserve to be looking down the barrel of a gun.

jpdoggett

Our 2011 Augusta has the samething just night shades but if the are going to look into ours they better be tall

Joy & Jeff

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
We don't have day/night shades in our Big Country and it drove us crazy that the night shades still let in so much light. I ended up making custom curtains that would block the light. I just used insulated drape panels and then hemmed to the appropriate lenght. Add nice tie backs or some properly placed velcro for letting in the light when you actually want it. We pick up our new Big Horn on August 1st and I already have the stuff to make the new bedroom curtains.