3055 RL Air Mattress in couch.

This is my second air mattress and now it is bad. We do not use the mattress very ofter but this 1st one had holes that started leaking and the second one of the air chambers went bad and now there is no way to sleep on it. Anyone have any suggestions or a better mattress then what Heartland uses?
Tank you

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
sstanford7, Our trailer is older than those with the air bed so I don't know the dimensions of the mattress. If you can determine the size needed, you could always find a temporary one at the local Walmart or comparable store. I have heard of some owners having problems with the mattress and they were able to get some help from Flair. You should have their number in your owners package. I also believe it's here on the forum. Click THIS LINK

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Before we traded it we also had a problem with the air mattress in our 2009 3055RL. Contacted Flair and they replaced it with a 4th Generation mattress. This one comes in a bag for storage in the drawer. There was the standard 110 air pump and a 12 volt air pump if needed. The best thing you can do is never fold the mattress inside the bed. This way you will never pinch or damage it with the framework of the couch! Our new air bed mattress is stored safely in the drawer too! It was about a $60 lesson learned.

Birchwood

An air matress is like stepping back to tenting.The grand kids even find it uncomfortable.We got rid of ours
and replaced it with a leather love seat.If we didn't already have the loveseat we would of replaced it
with a real sofa bed.The fabric or imitation leather in the factory sofa will only last a few years so
eventually you will probably need to replace it anyway.Go for a residential sofa bed if you require
an additional bed.