We became owners of a 3210 today

Sol

Well after a couple of delays we picked up our unit today. It was a relatively exhausting experience.

We were first scheduled for pick up March 24th, but there was some sort of transportation delay, so first scheduled delivery was cancelled. Our unit actually did arrive at the dealership that day, but dealer of course needed time to prep for delivery. Hubby stopped by the dealership a few days later just to take a preliminary look. He found a few relatively minor items on brief inspection, brought them to the attention of the dealership, which they promised to address during the course of their prep so we'd have some things pre-resolved.

We arrived for our mid morning appointment, were greeted, and told we were slightly early. No problem we'll just go on out and take a casual look. All I can say is, the dealer had more than enough time to have our unit properly prepped. They had just started hosing it off, had it all opened up, and cleaning inside all at the same time. Not a single thing had happened to that unit until minutes before our arrival. The few issues my husband had brought to their previous attention hadn't been dealt with. We went back into the front office to chill for awhile and wait for our sales rep to arrive.

Our guided inspection was thorough and detailed. Having previously owned an RV, and reading all the good information provided here (and through other online venues) is invaluable for this process. We were provided with a check list for each system and area of the unit which we were required to check off as we went along. Our inspection guide made the grave mistake of putting me in charge of the check list, lol. I requested, accumulated and accounted for all manuals, warranty papers, remote controls, etc., etc.. as we went along. Many of these items had to be hunted down. I documented every item at issue as we went along.

The most exasperating thing to discover, was that the dealer had neglected to install and exchange the 12volt battery for 2 6volts per our original purchase order and agreement. Them scrambling to get this item done caused a several hour delay. We left the dealership, had lunch and returned later to find little progress on the situation. My husband stopped the installation at a certain point (he can finish the job up right) so we could wrap it up and leave.

I'm hopeful the remaining relatively small number of items (all of which are missing or replacement parts) will be handled expeditously by both Heartland factory and our dealership.

After hooking it up, driving it off the lot and home, we took a relaxation break. Then we went back out and in the toyhauler, merrily investigated and cleaned it up our way. And, we really started enjoying ourselves, all the wonderful amenities, our big purchase. Looking forward to getting most of our gear in it tomorrow. Hubby has plans to go over it some more, familiarize, work on some modifications and personalizations over the weekend.

All in all, we are very happy so far with our Heartland choice. It's a big step up from our light weight 28 ft. travel trailer.

Jett

Sol,

Congratulations! I'm sure you will enjoy your 3210. We've had ours 6 weeks, and we're very happy with it. We're still working out a few bugs, but I believe the Cyclone is as close to "right" as one is likely to find in the RV industry.

Your experience at the dealer sounds very similar to ours. After over 20 years of RV ownership, I'm still amazed by the general mismanagement and lack of customer service at (in my opinion) the majority of RV dealers.

CrazyTed

Any of you with the 3210 want to take a tour of the east coast so the people who are interested in that unit can take a look? I've located at least four people who are interested in the unit but can't locate one anywhere near the mid-atlantic or new england areas.

Sol

Hey CrazyTed, believe it or not we did kick that idea around. Our daughter is graduating from college in Boston next month, and at one point there was discussion of packing her up and moving back home. The garage would be ideal for the purpose of hauling her stuff. But, it's now looking like she intends to stay on in Boston at least for the next few months, and then possibly another year. It would also be hard for hubby to leave his business for an extended time frame. Should plans change though I'll let you know.