Slide locks

OBX-GL

Hey all !

Was reading a thread on Trailer life forums about trailer locks to keep the slide in place while towing. What type of slide mechanism do the North Trails have, and how do i lock them? Apparently by locking it will help decrease potential leaks from the slide seals breaking down.

Is there something to this as i was not told?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When we had our previous SOB, we used some rods that were wedged between the slide and the wall to keep the slides from going out while going down the road. We were very careful to remove them when we were setting up.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
JMHO, they are a waste of money and not needed. If your slides move out while towing, you have a bigger problem. Also, if you forgot to remove one....it would rip the facia off on the slide.

jbeletti

Thanks for your thoughts all !

Is this the right section to hear a factory stance or opinion.

http://www.trailerlife.com/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/25126256.cfm

Hi there,

This is not the section monitored by the forum. That would be the North Trail - Ask The Factory section. That being said, I have never heard of slide locks being needed on any Heartland unit. I suggest you call Heartland today to ask directly. Call 574-262-5992 and ask for North Trail Division.

Jim

jpdoggett

Hey all !

Was reading a thread on Trailer life forums about trailer locks to keep the slide in place while towing. What type of slide mechanism do the North Trails have, and how do i lock them? Apparently by locking it will help decrease potential leaks from the slide seals breaking down.

Is there something to this as i was not told?
I had one SOB of fifth wheel that I had to put bars on to keep the slides from moving out, and the Newmar American Star we had they where built in to the slides you just had to snap them up to hold and down to not they where hinged