Fingers crossed!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
This has been a long spring with out the Landmark. Got in 2 camping trips before our Landmark went into the shop for the tree and tire damage which happened back in April.Tree damage due to a very bad storm.Tire damage due to a tread seperation.Well I talked to the service manager at the repair shop yesterday and he says that we will probably be bringing it home on Friday!Whoopie! Well, I guess I had better save that Woopie for when the camper is actually sitting in our back yard. On the other hand when I drive by my neighbors and see that he still has no house to live in because of that same storm I realize that my spring has not been near as long as his.We usually don't have to look very far to find someone in worse shape than us.

traveler44

If that was a defective tire you might have to save it to show it to the tire company. I never had any idea I was supposed to save the one that shredded on the way back from Fl. a couple of years ago. So I was just out. Still having alot of crummy weather around the country. Drought in Tx.-floods on the big rivers- and fires in the south west. We have unusually hot weather here and it is aggravating while trying to get ready for the rally but I feel so lucky too. Hope the weather is nice at Goshen next week. Tom M.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Glad the Mark will soon be back home. I know it seems like a long time and I know all of us have missed ya'll at some of the rallies.
We kind of know what your neighbors are going thru. Our house and truck had damage from 3 different hail storms at the end of April (all the same night) and we are still waiting on the insurance company on the house. Truck was a little e-z'r in that you had to have an appointment for an estimator to see the damage and then they wrote you a check on the spot. The house has been a whole different story but luckily we haven't had any leaks - yet.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If that was a defective tire you might have to save it to show it to the tire company. I never had any idea I was supposed to save the one that shredded on the way back from Fl. a couple of years ago. So I was just out. Still having alot of crummy weather around the country. Drought in Tx.-floods on the big rivers- and fires in the south west. We have unusually hot weather here and it is aggravating while trying to get ready for the rally but I feel so lucky too. Hope the weather is nice at Goshen next week. Tom M.

If it was a TowMax tire, you might get some relief. I sent a video of the tire to TBC. In the video we rolled it toward the camera to show the uneven wear. They sent a new tire free of charge, or they offered reimbursement if I purchased locally.

trdeal

If it was a TowMax tire, you might get some relief. I sent a video of the tire to TBC. In the video we rolled it toward the camera to show the uneven wear. They sent a new tire free of charge, or they offered reimbursement if I purchased locally.
Our Tire was a Goodyear tire and we did file a claim with Goodyear.I was only a few miles from home when the seperation happened.Of course I changed the tire and drove on home.Went back latter and found the tread that had seperated. Goodyear paid to have the tire and tread sent to them.I sent them pictures of the damage and the estimate to have the damage fixed. After a few days Goodyear sent me an email that they would pay for the damage and a tire.Which they did. I am very thankful I took a friends advice and filed the claim.

trdeal

Glad the Mark will soon be back home. I know it seems like a long time and I know all of us have missed ya'll at some of the rallies.
We kind of know what your neighbors are going thru. Our house and truck had damage from 3 different hail storms at the end of April (all the same night) and we are still waiting on the insurance company on the house. Truck was a little e-z'r in that you had to have an appointment for an estimator to see the damage and then they wrote you a check on the spot. The house has been a whole different story but luckily we haven't had any leaks - yet.
It will be good to have the "Mark" home again.And we will be bringing it home to a shed to park it under.That will be a plus.When any kind of damage happens to our stuff,if it is our house,truck camper or whatever,the repairs never happen as quickly as we would like for them to.

GOTTOYS

Our Tire was a Goodyear tire and we did file a claim with Goodyear.I was only a few miles from home when the seperation happened.Of course I changed the tire and drove on home.Went back latter and found the tread that had seperated. Goodyear paid to have the tire and tread sent to them.I sent them pictures of the damage and the estimate to have the damage fixed. After a few days Goodyear sent me an email that they would pay for the damage and a tire.Which they did. I am very thankful I took a friends advice and filed the claim.
Towmax would give you a new tire..Goodyear gives you a tire and pays for repairs...Hmmm..Don

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Terry, just remember the offer still stands.

I do hope you get your back in time for your yearly pilgramage.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Towmax would give you a new tire..Goodyear gives you a tire and pays for repairs...Hmmm..Don

Don, I can't say if they would have paid for damage or not. We didn't have damage, luckily caught it before that. They would reimburse for balancing and mounting as well, but we decided it wasn't worth the hassle. We'd already put the spare on the wheel, so we put the new tire on the spare rim.

trdeal

Terry, just remember the offer still stands.

I do hope you get your back in time for your yearly pilgramage.
Thanks Larry for the offer.I hope we don't need to take you up on it but it is great to know we have an option if we need it. The service manager seemed pretty sure the "Mark" will be ready on Friday. You may hear me shout when we pick it up. Thanks again.

trdeal

Attention all Heartlanders! The "MARK" has landed!It is now sitting in our back yard,where it belongs, unless we are out enjoying it with all of our Heartland friends!It looks really good!Thanks Bill Plemmons RV,in Rural Hall,NC for doing a great job.