Tires

Ronald Pagel

Prospector
Hi All We just returned from 2 weeks of camping in north GA and South Carolina. Everything went great except on the way back when the rear
tire exploded. We also have the pressure pro and all of the tire were properly
aired before we left. We had never used our spare but we looked at the spare tire and found that the spare is for a LT series instead of a ST rated G series. I think that the faxtory should replace that spare with the proper tire. any coments?????

Uncle Rog

Howdy, the tires that came stock with our BH are all "LT" and the replacement Good Years that are going on Saturday are the same. I don't know but the size and G range might have something to do with it...UR

Ronald Pagel

Prospector
tires

We have the heavy axels and all of the tires on the Landmark are
ST 235 85 R16 Load range G except the spare that is LT 235 85 R16

Forrest Fetherolf

Ronald,

Sorry to hear about your blow out. I spend a lot looking in the rear view mirror for trailer wiggle and rubber tire pieces bouncing around due to a blow out. I understand you were using the Pressure Pro, did the system alert you before the blow out? What was the driving conditions when the tire blew? I have read several post where the rear axle tires are the biggest problem. This could very well be weight distribution especially if your rig is not riding level or extreme weight on one side.

Forrest

Uncle Rog

I am curious about the TPMS also, both of my flats were on the rear axles on EACH side? When I lost the last one I dragged it for about 1.5 mile with no indication that it was flat. The only way i knew it was the debri in the mirror / road!

Ronald Pagel

Prospector
tires

At the last rally we had our Landmark and truck weighed and each axel.
I have been very careful to put everything in storage so all of the weight was equal. No the pressure pro did not warn us in advance but as the tire blu then the warning alarm came on. No damage execpt two small black marks on the side. We were very lucky I braked when I heard the the loud sound.None