Spiders!!!

catadj

I purchased a new landmark about 2 months ago. I have been killing spiders every night since about a week after I bought it. I kill at least 3 every night while laying in the bed. I am unsure of where they are coming from but everyone I see is on the ceiling. I'm asuming there was a nest in the rv when I bought it and now they are hatching since all of the spiders are small.
My question is, is there anything I can use to get rid of these spiders or will I just have to kill them all 3-5 at a time every night?

Thanks
Brett

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I hate spiders! UGH! Check under your bed. That is one possible area (cool and dark there). They are difficult to kill because they do not behave the same as insects so it's harder to get them with sprays unless you spray directly on them. Me personally - I would be contacting an exterminator ASAP.

GOTTOYS

I'd call an exterminator and see what they recommend..Dale's Dead Bug comes to mind.. hee-hee..Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you are FT, my suggestion is some "bug" bombs. Plan a 5-6 hour trip somewhere, take any pets with you and set off 3 bombs. Open all the cupboards, lift up the bed, etc. Come back...open all the windows, turn on the roof vents for awhile. You might want to wash all your dishes and silverware afterwards. They work great for ants also.

hoefler

If you are FT, my suggestion is some "bug" bombs. Plan a 5-6 hour trip somewhere, take any pets with you and set off 3 bombs. Open all the cupboards, lift up the bed, etc. Come back...open all the windows, turn on the roof vents for awhile. You might want to wash all your dishes and silverware afterwards. They work great for ants also.

Also bomb the basement. If possible, remove any exposed food items, dry goods, dishes, cookware, silver ware, etc... Open all the cabinets, turn off all air circulation devices, and close the windows during the bombing. Be prepared to wash or clean any surface for food prep or contact, and any dishes that are left inside. If the unit sits unused for any length of time, use moth balls. Empty a package of moth balls into a plastic container the can be sealed up when needed to be put up. Place the open container in the floor of the rig when it is not in use. When you are prepping for a trip, close the container up and air out the rig. We do this here at the lake for boats that sit in the boat slips when not in use. Works extremely well, no spiders, wasp, or no-see-ums.

khalsey

I had a spider explosion last spring while our landmark was at home. Two of our grandchildren were over for the night and wanted to sleep in the RV for the night so all of us did. The next morning we went back into the house and later in the day I went back to the trailer and there were hundreds of tiny spider everywhere mostly hanging from ceiling area. I grabbed the vacuum hose and got all I could find and noticed there were several in this intake area. I took the intake off and found a nest in that area. After that I set a bomb off and never found another spider after that during our spring trip.

IMG_3310.jpg

catadj

Thanks for the info. I was unsure about setting off a bug bomb as I do FT. I guess bug bomb it is. I just had to get out of bed to kill one. They are getting bigger. Any recs. on what is the best bomb to use?
Thanks

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Any bomb is ok but try to get one with a residual effect such as a 7 day residual. It means it will continue working for 7 days and will continue to kill the hatchlings if there are any. We also had an ant problem last year and one treatment did the trick. We treated in June and after the treatment I vacuuumed up all kinds of things I didn't know we had. Don't be surprised when you find out the spiders aren't your only tenants!

WilmanJim

If you do use a Bug Bomb, make sure you don't have anything on that will use gas, like the Fridge or water heater or furnace. Might even be wise to shut off propane first. Just to be safe.

hoefler

If you do use a Bug Bomb, make sure you don't have anything on that will use gas, like the Fridge or water heater or furnace. Might even be wise to shut off propane first. Just to be safe.

Don't forget the stove and oven. Shutting off the propane would be your best bet.