Heartland 5th wheel RVs

donc1212

I am in the process of picking out a new 5th wheel. One of the brands that I'm interested in is Heartland. I'm using a ratings site (RV.ORG) which rates all 'towables'. Heartland was well looked upon but there were a number of negetive comments about questionable quailty control in the manufacture and poor customer service. A lack of customer safety was another point brought up.

I'm looking for any positive or negetive affirmation in this.

Thanks for any input.

jimtoo

Hi donc1212,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

When you visit a forum, regardless of which one, you will always see the negative side posted. Even here you will find a lot of the things that go wrong. But you will also find the fixes for almost any thing that goes wrong. You will also see how much the Heartland factory is involved with the repairs and trying to make things right. I''m not saying they fix everything,,, but they do go a long way sometimes to make things right.

Enjoy the forum and let us help you if you need answers.

Jim M

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
My experience reading the different RV forums shows many posters use them to vent about one thing or another. People tend to take the time to post something when they have an axe to grind. I probably would do that too if I had an unresolved issue or felt mistreated. Seldom do you hear the all the good things from the thousands of satisfied owners/customers.

We have had our Heartland product for about 16 months now and I can say AnaLyn and I are very pleased with the product and the Heartland customer service. We have owned another brand and I believe it would be hard to find better support and customer service than Heartland provides.

Spend some time on this forum and hopefully you will get a "bigger picture" of Heartland ownership. Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

Best Wishes in your quest!

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Don, as with many of the internet rating sites, I found the RV.org site was not very accurate when we were shopping. It showed models that were not built by Heartland, models that didn't exist and the info I looked at seemed to have been entered by the same disgruntled customer, over and over again. Or maybe a competitor? Maybe it has improved by now, or at least I hope it has.
The best way, I believe, to pick an RV is to get one that suits you and the way you camp. We've all been in your shoes at one time or another, and it's a tough decision. There are many satisfied customers on the forum here, and many (myself included) who have experienced first hand how Heartland takes care of their customers. No matter what you decide to buy, in my opinion, Heartland deserves consideration.

And please, whatever you buy, make sure you do a good PDI with the rig hooked up to water and electric, and make them show you that every appliance works the way it's supposed to. I work at an independent service center and I can't tell you how many first trips we've seen ruined because the dealer just shoved the buyer out the door after the ink was dry on the contract, and never did a proper walk through.
Have fun shopping and I'm sure you'll know "your" trailer when you see it. It will be the one you keep comparing everything else to. :)

szewczyk_john

along with the comments made, a lot of people do not understand that they are buying a mobil housing unit and that there are so many things to hook up, put together, and install when these units are made. Some people can not except simple mistakes when they pay so much for one of these new units. For example, my new unit had one water connection behind the water heater that was not tight. Consider all the water connections on a new unit and I do not think that one not tightened down is that bad. I'm handy with my tools and was able to fix it in a few minutes. No big deal for me. But someone who is not handy or just doesn't want to see water leaking after having spent some serious money might just post all over the internet about how they got screwed. I have not used any type of customer support so I can not comment on that but I'm very pleased with my decision to purchase a heartland. I was a huge Jayco supporter and owned three different units. They did not offer a toy hauler floor plan that suited me and when we finally started to look at other names, these heartland units jumped out for having so much great quality items as standard equipment that would only be found as options or only included in the top of the line units. The slam doors are not even an option on most towables.

noobee

I am in the process of picking out a new 5th wheel. One of the brands that I'm interested in is Heartland. I'm using a ratings site (RV.ORG) which rates all 'towables'. Heartland was well looked upon but there were a number of negetive comments about questionable quailty control in the manufacture and poor customer service. A lack of customer safety was another point brought up.

I'm looking for any positive or negetive affirmation in this.

Thanks for any input.

You will get a much more objective picture if you asked this on a different forum such as RV.Net Open Roads.

CS

1231ChaseB

If you get a Heartland you will eventually love it ! Hopefully your handy with tool's OR you live close to your dealer ! Working on minor thing's can be enjoyable !
More important is making sure you buy from a dealer who has a good reputation for customer service !
chaseb

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
My wife and I just picked up our new Big Horn 3185 last week. I have nothing so far but good to say about Heartland and its product. Sure we had a couple of items that we found at the time of our PDI, they were noted and repair w/o any problem. Previously we had a Jayco Eagle, another good company, but the Big Horn met our needs and financial status and I felt we got the best bang for our buck. I do read this forum and others and they are all alike, the complainers and the happy owners. Every product or manufactor in the world has bad days and puts together a bad product fromtime to time and along with that once in awhile you get poor QC and poor company response. Keeping that in mind we put aside the negative remarks and made our decision on what caught our eye and what we saw and touched at many shows. Heartland was by far the leader of the group. The most import part of purchasing is a good reputable dealership they hold the magic key to enjoyment and problem solving.

donc1212

Thanks for the input. Actually yours was the first post I read on this forum. I was impressed. As you can see I've had a number of responses already from members. I'm a nubie as far as blogs and forums like these are concerned so ANY help is welcome.

Take acare and again THANKS.

Don

jpdoggett

We have had our 2011 Landmark Augusta since Jan 2011 and we love it, we have had a couple small issues with it but that is so with all brands. We have had good luck in getting items taken care from our dealer

bdb2047

We bought ours last Nov. have 4 monthe use of it so far.I have no regrets about purchase camper has what we want.There have several issues that I have taken care of and was back to dealer for some warranty work.I cannot say I am satisfied with Heartlands respose to some issues but in working w/dealer everything has been taken care of . That being said I would not hesitate to buy another Heartland.