Good Sam Club and junk mail

Gaffer

Seems like 1/2 of all the junk mail I get is form Good Sam. Thinking of dropping it for that reason. I only use for the camping discount that some parks accept. Seems I can get the same discount with AAA at a lot of places. Is Good Sam accepted at a lot of places where AAA is not? We are still sorta newebies.
Thanks

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
You can opt out of the mail on the Good Sam web site if you're a member. It takes a month or two, but we don't get a ton of stuff anymore.

SilverRhino

I had that problem with GS.....Kept sending me Membership & other mailings. One telephone call and that all stopped!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The few pieces from GS don't bother me, it's the tons of junk you get if you ever donate to a charity, not to mention the phone calls. They're the ones that trade info like baseball cards. Postal workers call it job security.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I got most of the mail and emails stopped by going through the website. It's not a big deal anymore for us.
See you next week!
Kristy

Gaffer

Thanks for the opt-out information. I will do that today //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon6.png

SilverRhino

The few pieces from GS don't bother me, it's the tons of junk you get if you ever donate to a charity, not to mention the phone calls. They're the ones that trade info like baseball cards. Postal workers call it job security.

You are sooo right. The concern I had with Good Sam was they kept sending me membership info for the Club and Insurance ........ Had been a member since the 1970's. They are not the worst offenders by far. Talking to our Postal Carrier a while back.......I said I was just going to leave the re-cycle bin on the porch and remove the mailbox! He said that if he could, he would just go to the re-cycle center each day....would take care of 85% of what was on his truck. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Have a friend who had good sam club on his rv for towing/breakdowns and etc. He had a blow out in houston on the i-610 loop at i-10. Called good sam club, they told him to call somebody else as he was "not" covered in "that" location. He dropped them and so did i, never again will fall for their insurance.

ParkIt

GS used to be good but I think TL would be better - and they don't pester you just because you purchased a mobile unit of any kind. Got the flood of junk mail from GS before the unit was delivered, did an opt out.

Yellowreef

Word to the wise: When you go in under Communication Preferences, uncheck several boxes and hit "Save" it only saves one and rechecks all the others. I had to uncheck and save one at a time. Wouldn't let me do it otherwise.

Birchwood

Good Sam is obviously insecure as is Passport America.If they both had really good
deals buyers would go to them!!

Manzan

We have had Camping World Emergency road care for years and used it twice. First time we were up in the Oakland Hills and our Suburban quit. Sent a truck up a narrow twisty road, loaded the Suburban and off we went to the nearest Chev dealer in Hayward, CA. No problem at all with the service. Turned out that the fuel pump had gone out. The next time, we had one of the China bombs explode on I-90 in the middle of nowhere in Montana. Changed the flat myself but the spare did not have enough air in it. The sent out a truck to pump up the tire, took over an hour to get there. Put in the air, had me sign a receipt and off he went. Easy as could be. Temp was around 98° that day. In the new Highways Magazine that just came, the new CEO of Good Sams said one of the things they had to do was cut way down on the junk mail they send out. I guess they know they done wrong.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A caveat to the Good Sam "junk mail"

If it had not been for repeated mailings to join the Good Sam ERS and finally doing it last year, I'd probably still be underneath my truck in Goshen trying to get the inner dually off the axle. Seems just before the dinner on Saturday, I decided to check my tires, and found the inner dually was deflated. Got out my membership card, called the number and discussed the problem with a charming lady named Amanda. She had a tow truck to me in about 30 minutes and reminded me that everything was covered, I did not have to pay anything. After watching my neighbor struggle getting his spare off his truck (a flat just minutes before finding mine), I decided to make sure I could get mine down before the tow truck arrived. No problem. The inner dually fits the axle rather snugly, and the repairman had to beat it off from under the truck with a mallet. And those tires have been rotated more than once, too. The fellow could not find a leak after reinflating the tire, but suspected the plastic valve caps I had was the problem. So he gave me enough metal ones to replace all of them. Just to be sure, we put the spare on and put the removed tire in the spare position. And I made it to the dinner only a few minutes late.

Here it is, two days later back at Camp Gotchurwallet, and the tire (now spare) is still fully inflated, so maybe it was the cap.

scotty

Re: A caveat to the Good Sam "junk mail"

If it had not been for repeated mailings to join the Good Sam ERS and finally doing it last year, I'd probably still be underneath my truck in Goshen trying to get the inner dually off the axle. Seems just before the dinner on Saturday, I decided to check my tires, and found the inner dually was deflated. Got out my membership card, called the number and discussed the problem with a charming lady named Amanda. She had a tow truck to me in about 30 minutes and reminded me that everything was covered, I did not have to pay anything. After watching my neighbor struggle getting his spare off his truck (a flat just minutes before finding mine), I decided to make sure I could get mine down before the tow truck arrived. No problem. The inner dually fits the axle rather snugly, and the repairman had to beat it off from under the truck with a mallet. And those tires have been rotated more than once, too. The fellow could not find a leak after reinflating the tire, but suspected the plastic valve caps I had was the problem. So he gave me enough metal ones to replace all of them. Just to be sure, we put the spare on and put the removed tire in the spare position. And I made it to the dinner only a few minutes late.

Here it is, two days later back at Camp Gotchurwallet, and the tire (now spare) is still fully inflated, so maybe it was the cap.

John,

Just a word of caution on metal valve caps. Love them, but had them seize up on all four wheels during the winter, following a big snow. Recommend appling a thin coat of anti-seize to the vale stem threads, solved my issues. Have used them for years and last winter was my first time having issues.