Replaced my Antenna Tek

DMitch

Was never really happy with my TV reception over the air. Today I replaced my Antenna Tek TV Antenna with a new Winegard Wingman Sensor. What a difference, can't believe the difference in the number of stations received and picture quality. Would recommend this change to anyone having antenna problems.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Did the same, replaced the antenna head completely. Can't say we get more stations in northern Michigan, but they are clearer and don't pixelate nearly as much. Still a problem if there are storms in the area, though. I think we're north of the major transmitters.

Dragoon

Was never really happy with my TV reception over the air. Today I replaced my Antenna Tek TV Antenna with a new Winegard Wingman Sensor. What a difference, can't believe the difference in the number of stations received and picture quality. Would recommend this change to anyone having antenna problems.

Did you replace the head or the whole assembly?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Did you replace the head or the whole assembly?

You need to replace the entire head with the Sensar IV version. You cannot just get the Wingman attachment since it will not attach to the AntennaTek head. You do not have to replace any of the lift mechanism or supports, however. The pins that hold the head to the mast are the same and in the same positions.

DMitch

Well......... The one little point that I failed to mention was, I smashed the old one OOOOPS. LOL. So I had to replace the entire antenna. But It was very easy. Found the best price at streetsideauto.com with free shipping.

pegmikef

JohnDar or DMitch, do you have a model number (e.g., rvw400) on that antenna. I just did a cursory search on winegard wingman sensar and came up with a big laundry list of models with prices from 19 to a couple of hundred dollars. Thanx

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
That would be very helpful. I'm thinking of the same thing. We need a model number. Seems like an easy install too. Just remove and replace. Right?

JJnLilly

Replaced mine as soon as I brought the '11 home. Not sure I noticed all that much difference, but I had purchased the newer head for our old 5'r and removed it and put the OEM on back on before the trade. One of the pins is a bit tricky to get in, but it works.