Bathroom Exhaust Fan Switch- MPG 181

marc515

Just noticed that in order for the Bathroom Exhaust in our MPG-181 Fan to remain running, you must manually hold the Switch in the on position. I'm not sure why Heartland did that, except maybe to avoid running the battery down.

I'm thinking of changing the switch to some type of toggle, or on/off switch; Any of you guys done that yet?

Thank you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Do you mean you must hold the switch in the on position all the while the fan is to run? That don't sound right, maybe you have a bad switch.
Talk to your dealer about a replacement rocker switch.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Is the switch on the fan...the little black one that you push to turn the fan on?? If it is then the switch is koput. I dont know about you but my arms are not long enough to hold it while Im in there sitting.

Jimmy

Let me see if I can explain this... Push the the switch in all the way and then let your finger slip off to the side very quick, the spring in the switch should "unhang" at this time, you may have to do it a couple of times. After you fix it, spray a small amount of silicone spray up into the edges of the button on the switch and work the switch to lube the internal spring. Sorry if I confused you on this. The trick to this is letting the switch spring back very quick to repair. good luck.

marc515

Jimmy,

Thank you for your explanation; switch works as you explained; I must be getting old!