ATF: MPG - Bubble on Top of Slide out

marc515

We have a couple of what look like Air Bubbles on the Top of our Heartland MPG-181 Slide Out. There's no water from what I can tell. Appears to be solid underneath, and looks like the glue just didn't hold too well. It's less than 1 year old; Is this normal?

We are the second owners and recently purchased it off a private party. The Heartland warranty is to the "original owner", which I think is crappy; what does it matter if you are the original or subsequent owner, they should guarantee their workmanship for 1 year regardless.

I'll give Heartland a call anyway to see if they'll back their product.

But, as long as there's no water, am I ok to leave as is?

Any ideas as to how much a repair would cost?

Thank you

Attachments

• 0611111259.jpg
    0611111259.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 56
  • 0611111300.jpg
    0611111300.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

tmcran

Not sure what caused that but I don't have anything like that on the 3 slides on my Sundance.

marc515

I sent an email to Heartland, and received a quick response that it would be covered as it's a defect in the eterna bond. I called the customer service rep to discuss, and was told that since I am the 2nd owner, they would not cover it under the warranty.

Wow, it's a manufacturing defect, but because the warranty is only applicable to the original owner, I'm out of luck.

I understand that's the way the warranty is written, but I really thought a company as reputable as Heartland would stand behind their product, since it's an obvious defect in the eterna bond.

I'm very disappointed in Heartland, as I pictured them as a number 1 company; Oh well, just goes to show one's no better than the other.

Yellowreef

I'm torn on this one. Yes, I think that within the first year a manufacture defect should be addressed by the manufacturer. But on the other hand, you bought the product used and "as is." The original owner should have had all warranty issues repaired before selling it to you. It does kind of leave a bad taste in your mouth as a brand owner and potential future upgrade customer. I think the smart thing to do for Heartland would be to fix it.

marc515

I'm torn on this one. Yes, I think that within the first year a manufacture defect should be addressed by the manufacturer. But on the other hand, you bought the product used and "as is." The original owner should have had all warranty issues repaired before selling it to you. It does kind of leave a bad taste in your mouth as a brand owner and potential future upgrade customer. I think the smart thing to do for Heartland would be to fix it.

Original Owners were an older couple, and this was their first RV; they claim they did not know about the issue

Agree that Heartland would want to take of this small a problem; good will is worth many $$ in advertising, and that has me thinking I will not want to do business with them going forward.