Decals Are Ripping and Pealing Off

Chris562

I have a 2010 29RKS that I am quite proud of. I had noticed and made Heartland aware of the decals when I bought it. The decals appeared they were not put on properly. They just stuck on the high flat surfaces of the siding instead of being pushed down into the groves. This has resulted in all of the decals ripping where all the bubbles were and pealing. It really looks bad. My point being is that these decals are essentially billboards for heartland advertising. Every campground I go to people ask me about it and want to check it out. I am happy to show them and tell them as I have researched them very thoroughly over the Jayco. I was wandering if it would be worth contacting the factory about the decals? For a camper that is only a few years old, I think the decals should last longer. My Outback decals lasted for many years before I traded it in on my Heartland.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Prior to my Bighorn, I had 2 Dutchmen TT's and a Jayco Jayflight 5th wheel. All had aluminum corrugated exteriors and all of them had decal issues. I almost think it's the nature of the beast. It certainly wouldn't hurt to approach Heartland with your concerns. You say you made Heartland aware of the decals when you bought it. Do you mean Heartland or your dealer? Was it documented? If it was documented you stand a better chance of getting results. Good luck, I really know how you feel.

I didn't want to hear this about decals......been looking at Big Horns lately. Our present Montana has peeling decals like all Montana's. But the factory is stepping in mine. Seems the replacements aren't any better. I'll keep an eye on this thread.....

Roy

Chris562

Well, the dealer I bought my camper from no longer sells Heartland....shocker since they screwed me over so bad. The only dealer near me is Bluegrass RV in Lexington. They did warranty work on my RV after I bought it but left off the gold decal from the door....never have had it put back on.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Chris, sorry but its nature of the beasts. Its just like the fiberglass fading, the decals just wont take hot sun for very many years. The only thing that might prolong the peeling is a RV cover and they have there drawbacks also. If we keep our BH, then I will have someone repaint them on. The cost to replace them is about the same cost to paint them on.