What do guys use for leveling blocks?

marc515

Years ago when we had a PUP, we brought along a couple of short pieces of 2x6's for leveling.

Now we're getting ready to go out in our new to us 181, and to keep the weight down, I was thinking that a set of those plastic leveling blocks might be better?

So, just wondering what yoou guys use?

Thank you

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have a set of the plastic stackers but rarely use them. I carry a few pieces of plywood of various thicknesses and 2 2x10's. Make sure the wood you use is at least large enough to not have the tire overhang the edge. (so I've been told)?

Last edited:

hoefler

I use the Lynx stacking blocks. They work very well and take up little space and are light weight. I bought them at Wal-mart for $30 a set, cheaper than a RV dealer. I carry a 6' long 2x8 to lay down first when we have a gravel space, to keep from messing them up.

TwoGypsies

We have a set of the Lynx leveling blocks. We spent a few days at Fall Creek Falls State Park in VA and encountered a very un-level site. With the three axles, one set was inadequate. We got by with some various pieces of wood we carry, but are going to get at least one more set of Lynx blocks to be more secure.

Yellowreef

Lynx blocks here. I like them a lot more than wood and they keep the weight down. Used them on sand, gravel and mud so far with no problems. One set should be plenty for the MPG.

porthole

Retired
ANther Jerseyan!
Until the level upwas installed I used the plastic "lego" blocks (yellow brand) Too bad you just posted this.
I just sold 30 of the blocks for a buck apiece.

Birchwood

I carry a variety of 1 by 6 and 2 by 6 about 2 feet long and use accordingly.With the Landmark the extra
weight doesn't mean anything.

robnmo

We use a combination of Linx levelers (for tires) and 2 X 6's for front and rear jacks, and even though we've got the pad's on the front jacks we still toss a 2X6 block under it.

Bighurt

As a contractor specializing in Decks. I have plenty of scrap treated lumber. I carry a various assortment, although most of the I don't use anything under the wheels as the sites typically are level enough.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have two sets of the Lynx Levelers and a set of the yellow blocks from our TT. I found long pieces of lumber were easier than trying to line up the blocks for the tandem tires, especially on a gravel site. But the boards had to ride in the truck bed. With the Ground Control jacks, I don't need to pile wood or plastic under the tires anymore to level the trailer. I have four 2x12 pads I place under them to get them off the dirt and put large wood pads under the jacks and rear stabilizers.

I think I'll give the plastic stuff to my sister for her rig.

I have a set of level upp leveling ramps (they stack on top of each other so they are compact and are good for 2 and 3 inches of lift each). I also have the yellow stacking lego blocks ( I think they are 6 by 6 inches in size) which I believe come in a pack of either four or six (I haven't used them in a while) but they are each one inch high. It has covered all of my bases in the four years I have used them.

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I also use the plastic stacking blocks, the orange and yellows don't interchange however.. Being new at this camping I didn't know that. That's OK every time we go out I learn something new and then go to Camping World to remedy the problem... I have not [so far] had to use more than two high... My bubble level shows how much to put down.. I do like the idea about the 6' 2x8 to put down first or by it's self just to keep tires off the gravel.. I use nothing on good pavement... I also appreciate all the information on this forum, that has really been helpful.. Thanks to all of you..