Still No Parts

mufflerman

Scott, Jim, Chris,
I getting really tired of You guys at heartland passing the buck on to the dealer, Again I picked up my trailer not complete. I saw Mike's repair order dated 4-2-07 and a note on the bottom stating that Chris Delapas will 2nd day air the parts. Mike also told me that he has talked to your parts dept. several times in the last week about my parts and was told they are on the way. WRONG. Today is 4-13-07 and still no parts, 2nd day air should not take 11 days to arrive.
Also the filon that was sent for the rear ext. (above ramp door) Is a different shade, Looks like it was hit and repaired, If the factory had done there job correctly and put the staples on the edges (instead of 2 - 3 inches inset) this wouldn't be a problem.
As you know I bought the first one back in Dec. 05' which heartland bought back because of ext. cracks and the heater missing the hole by only 2 1/2 inches, The replacement came Jan. 06'
Let me show you a portion of factory faults on the replacement unit,

mismatched wheel (over a year to get right)
poor heat duct work
slide seals
soaking wet carpet
cabinet in bedroom not attached to wall
cabinet in galley not attached to wall
booth not attached to wall
front cap not attached on bottom
landing gear collapsing where it attach's to frame
gen. not hooked up at factory
rear marker lights not hooked up at factory
rear electric stab jacks not hooked up at factory (not even a switch)
Fuel tank fill hose to short (lost 25 gal of prem. on highway)
fuel pump for fuel station not wired
Int. crack by bedroom slide
1/4 hole in weld around ramp door
crack in lower weld around ramp door
shower door installed back wards
shower drain pushed up ( won't drain)
shower stall leaks
Missing vent cap on roof
Torch cut holes above tail lights (exposed )
king bed collapsed ( poor framing )
losing water from fresh tank
non-skid on ramp door bubbled
coupler on bunk bed has a screw instead of a bolt
bunk bed not installed square ( I now have extra ugly brackets )
No hole for manual crank on landing gear (now we have a electrical cover that is offset)
skipping landing gear motor

These are just the item's I can recall, trust me there's more.
I cant take much more of this headache, we need to get parts to repair/patch this trailer or I will get an attorrney
I do have pics and docs to support everything mentioned

C

Chulinw

Mufflerman,
I would call David Partin 57-262-8030 - Director of Customer Service and see what he can do for you. I sure that Heartland will take care of you
and try to make things correct.

mufflerman

Ken,
I don't think you understand, I've been talking to David, Jim, Chris, & Scott for well over a year and finally on the end of the rope. I believe Heartland produced the worst r.v. ever made and I got it.
8 months ago I even offered to tow it to Elkhart for just fuel reimbursment and I was turned down.
Since Dec. 05 this r.v. has been in my driveway less than 4 months.
I do put 25% of the blame on dealerships and 75% on Heartland. If their employees took pride in their jobs it sure would make everybody's life better.

C

Chulinw

Yes, I do understand just what you are going through. I had over 25 problems at firsh and down to 1 now. I did get help from the factory and got into another dealership that did a lot of work on my unit out of warranty and the factory did pay for the repairs. Now just the frest water tank is the only thing that is still give me problems. I think that is a on going problem that they are going to have to fix soon with all the units.
I put extra supports under the tank and still can not get it to drain completely. Anyway wish you the best of luck. Hope you don't have to go the way I think you are about to take but some times that is the only way to get thing completed.

BluegrassMan

Guy's
I definately DON'T want to sound negative or anything, BUT. The dealer near me is talking of "Dropping" their Heartland line totally! Due to these very same problems. RV dealers historically swap around brands every couple years, in some cases. This dealer is pretty Big, and has Bunches of HIGH end (Teton,Country Coach,etc,) products on his lot. I would hate to see the Heartlands go by the wayside.

v92c

Texan
I have had multiple dealer problems, my RV has spent way too much time in their care. But one of the problems has been getting parts to fix it. They tell me they ordered parts and wait 12 weeks or more to receive them. I had a rim explode, that was properly pressured, and it took 16 weeks to get a replacement from Heartland. I cant even tell how long it took to get a new wall panel to replace the one that was cracked when I got my RV. It is close to a year.

BTW I love my RV and I think that all of the problems have been repaired under warranty. But it was very frustrating that it took a year and several trips to the dealer to get it all done.

Scott

Without flying you out here to actually see the reality of how parts orders are processed, packaged and shipped - you are going to have to take my word for it - but the fact is, Heartland ships parts within a four day window over 85% of the time. The other 15% are made up of items that we have to order in, which can take up to two weeks (but hardly ever longer than that); and parts that were either ordered wrong by the dealer, or shipped wrong by our people. So - when I hear stories of 16 weeks - I am going to tell you that something is very wrong and that you are NOT getting the whole story from whoever is talking to you. I would ask you to email us the exact information on what part supposedly took 16 weeks and I will get you the truth of the matter. It is obviously too easy to believe everything the dealers tell you as retail customers, but as I have said on this forum many times - if it smells funny, somethings wrong. Again, it is a fact that we ship over 85% of our parts orders in four days or less. We have 20 people in our Dealer Services Dept., and I personally meet with them on a regular basis to review where we are at and as of yesterday, we were taking two to three days to process the orders and shipping them in one to two days after the order was processed - unless the part had to be ordered (i.e. a window or some other item that production just couldn't give up at the time). For example, right now, we have a number of furniture and countertop extensions on back order that we are waiting on, but again, we should have them within the two week period that suppliers normally need for lead time.

I'm going to give all Heartland Owners some great advice: If you want to track the repairs of your RV and not settle for anybody's "word" on it - then do the following: 1) Have your dealer inform you as to when they are placing the parts order for your coach. 2) Ask your dealer to show or fax you the Parts Order Confirmation that they receive from the Heartland Parts Dept. This will provide you with the date that the dealer actually ordered the parts, and the knowledge that the order was received and confirmed by Heartland. 3) Email John Hawkins (johnh@heartlandrvs.com) or Carrie Coryn (carrie@heartlandrvs.com) and ask them to email you with shipping status when the parts are actually shipped out and when the dealer can expect to receive them.

This may sound like a lot - and it is, but if you want to know the whole, true story of what is going on with your coach's repairs while it is in the shop - that is what it might take (depending on the dealer). I've got to tell you - I'm tired of dealers throwing Heartland under the bus and having people believe a lie. If there is a true example of a part that didn't ship for 16 weeks, I am going to tell you that somebody lost their job and that situation represented maybe a .0001% of all parts Heartland ships.
We are flat out doing a solid job of shipping parts to our dealers - WHEN we get the parts orders in, and they are correct.

ST

Uncle Rog

To tell you the truth......

I figured out that my dealer was bad for warranty work right out of the gate. It took one trip over and I was done, Richardson's in Sun City / Riverside, they lied when I brought it in and then sent it out to a good outfit. When J&L took the BH it was fixed in two weeks with parts and labor, done deal. My first impression was that HL was the blame for the dealers ineptitude / fraud. They did throw HL under the bus! Now that most things are right I have to think that HL is trying to make things right. I still have some flooring on order and the kitchen slide roller needs to be addressed so that the floor is not damaged again, but all in all we are good......more later when ALL is done!!

Thanks for that info Uncle Rog. We were just at that Richardson's RV looking at the 4012 Cyclone and had a wonderful sales guy out there but when we inquired if they were going to get any of the new 3912 models in his Sales Manager told him "no, because we sell the 4012's so much that we don't need the 3912." Well neither the salesman or us believed him and the RSM for the West Coast emailed me to let me know that they do infact have some on order. The saleman also dropped us a line to inform us of this also. I understand that they want to sell what's on their lots but I don't like liars. We liked the salesman so much though that we were still considering buying from them but now I know to watch out for service too. I had heard some bad things about the other Richardson's RV dealers and their service depts but the one in Sun City I had only heard good things about until now. I know not everyone is perfect but we own a WW now and one reason we are leaving them is because of horrible customer service - I don't want that in another TH we buy.